Ludorum plc, a developer of global preschool children’s IP, announced today that it has licensed the third season of Chuggington(TM), its popular train-based preschool television series, to Disney Channel for its Disney Junior programming block and the new Disney Junior basic cable and satellite channel launching in the U.S. in 2012. As part of the agreement, Ludorum licensed 13 new half-hour episodes to the channel, which has acquired all U.S. television rights to the property. Disney Channel is currently available on basic cable in over 99 million U.S. homes.
Chuggington first aired in the U.S. on Disney Channel in January 2010 and will air daily this fall in a new time slot on Disney Junior: weekdays at 7:30 a.m., ET/PT and weekends at 6:00 a.m., ET/PT. The fall schedule began Tuesday September 6, 2011.
Licensed to more than 175 territories worldwide and translated into more than 27 languages, Chuggington continues to race forward as a global sensation with highly successful ratings in several key international markets, including the UK (BBC – CBeebies), Germany (Super-RTL), France (TF1), Australia (ABC) and Canada (Treehouse). Ludorum’s consumer products portfolio continues to grow and to date includes more than 140 licensing agreements that have been concluded worldwide.
- Disney Junior’s “Jake And The Never Land Pirates” Hooks Celebrity Guest Stars For Season 2 (chipandco.com)
- Disney Channel Orders Third Season Of Hit Comedy Series Good Luck Charlie (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- List of Holiday Kitchens at the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays - October 15, 2021
- Holiday Kitchen, Cookie Stroll, and more returning to EPCOT Festival of the Holidays - October 15, 2021
- Celebrity Narrators Return to Epcot’s Candlelight Processional - October 15, 2021