Attention all holiday-obsessed Disney fans! Disney is hiring holiday decorators for Walt Disney World! Does your countdown to Christmas begin in January? Do you always have the most elaborate decorations in your neighborhood? Would you love to be part of Disney’s celebration of the most wonderful time of the year? If so, the Walt Disney World Resort has a job opportunity for you!
If you’ve ever been to Walt Disney World on November 1st, you know that the transformation from Halloween to Christmas happens across the entire resort almost overnight. To accomplish this magical feat, The Walt Disney World Resort is currently hiring Holiday Services Craft Support Decorators. This seasonal team of hard-working cast members will have roles that are anything but monotonous.
Here is more information from the Disney Careers website:
Walt Disney World Holiday Decorators
Do you have the knack for decorating for the holidays? Would you love knowing that your work will bring oohs, aahs and smiles to millions of Guests at Walt Disney Parks & Resorts? If you have a good eye for all things visual, aren’t afraid of working on a ladder and know your way around a tool chest, becoming a Holiday Services Craft Support Decorator might be right for you!
Disney is admired around the world for our imaginative, over-the-top holiday decorations. Join the team that makes it all happen at Walt Disney Parks & Resorts!
You would join a team of seasonal workers (September 2021 – January 2022) who transform our Parks and Resorts into wonderlands representing major holidays celebrated around the world, and would get the incredible satisfaction of seeing your work turn a venue into a wondrous, imaginative, truly unique vision of holiday splendor.
Every day as a Holiday Services Craft Support Decorator is different. On any given day or night, you might:
- Climb a ladder to festoon the lobby of a resort with holiday-inspired garlands;
- Inspect decorations before you help load them onto trucks;
- Repair and rehab everything from foliage and lights to delicate Christmas tree ornaments.
- Work at a Park during the night so it is transformed for Guests the next day;
- Help “strike the set” by carefully taking down what you’ve put up;
- Possibly operate a box truck (up to 26,000 lbs.) on runs to/from the warehouse and the Parks;
- Precisely catalog the props and decorations before helping to store them safely for use next year; and
- Enjoy Disney Theme Park Experiences and Cast member exclusives!
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful at this job:
- Work independently, but be part of a team of over 100 people who rotate assignments regularly;
- Be comfortable working on ladders and/or scaffolding, at heights ranging from 2’ to 80’ or higher.
- Use your creativity and artistic eye to decorate and install Holiday Décor;
- Familiarity with paints and color matching is helpful;
- Knowledge of how to safely use hand and power tools;
- Enjoy working with fabric and ribbons;
- Perform general warehouse duties, like cleaning, repairing, sorting and cataloging;
- This is a seasonal position that requires the flexibility to work days, nights (including 3rd shift), weekends and holidays, from September 2021 through January 2022.
- Three or more years of experience in a scenic or fabrication shop.
- Theatre/Props experience
- High-school diploma or equivalent
If you’re excited to roll up your sleeves and work with a team to create the most magical holiday scenes on Earth, head over to the Disney Careers website now to submit your application!
For help planning your next trip, contact me anytime! I am a travel agent specializing in Disney destinations, and my services are always provided at no cost to you.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Apply to Become a 2022 planDisney Panelist - September 2, 2021
- Name Reveal for Baby Gorilla at Disney’s Animal Kingdom - August 29, 2021
- Disney is hiring Holiday Decorators for Walt Disney World - August 28, 2021