If you’re anything like me, then you have tons of photos trapped on your phone. Between snapping random shots to posting endless pics on Instagram, I’ve got a lot of memories on that baby! Well my friends, we are in luck! That’s because Disney Interactive just released a digital storytelling app for Apple iPhone and iPod Touch (also works on your iPad) called Story. Now we can put those pictures to use in a fun, simple, and creative way and we can SHARE them! That’s right! We can DO SOMETHING with all of those beautiful pictures!
Here’s how it works…
1. The app is FREE!! You can find it in the App Store!
2. Once you get started, all you have to do is allow the app to access your camera roll and you are set!
3. The app brings up your pictures by date (which is really helpful for finding just the right picture or video file in the abyss that is your camera roll). You’ll see this tab at the top of your screen labeled as My Moments.
4. Touch the photo or video that you want to add to your story and they are dropped into a digital storyboard.
5. The digital storyboard is completely customizable. You can add and delete pictures/videos, add text, take pictures/videos, and change the theme of your storyboard (there are 5 cute design sets to pick from).
6. When you’re ready, you can share your story through email or facebook. Once you share, you can embed your photo on websites or blogs! All you have to do is create an account or sign in through Facebook and get started! All saved stories are saved under the “My Stories” tab as well as in the iCloud and can be edited!
This app is brilliant and the uses are endless! I’ve already created (and SHARED) a digital scrapbook of my latest trip! I’m planning on using this app in my classroom too. **TEACHER GEEKING OUT MOMENT** I’m planning on letting my kindergarten kiddos take pictures or videos with the ipad and then they can add in their own words! I’ll be able to shoot out the finished product to Mom, Dad, and everybody else with the simple touch of a share button! I’m psyched!!!! And the best part is, it was FREE!
This app is simple, easy to use, and allows you to quickly create a beautiful product! Say goodbye to the days of hoarding up those memories and hello to sharing your story! I highly encourage you to head to the App Store and get this one for yourself!
- Disney Interactive announces a slate of new family-friendly digital series (chipandco.com)
- Disney Interactive and Lilly Diabetes Launch Dedicated Lifestyle Website (chipandco.com)
- Disney’s Story App Now Available for Apple Products (chipandco.com)