Gingerbread cookies are a must during the holiday season, that’s why we have a delicious recipe from Shanghai Disneyland so you can recreate them at home!
So now you don’t have to visit a Disney Park to get them, you can have fun baking with your family and enjoying this delicious holiday treat.
- 1 1/4 cups (160 grams) gingerbread cookie mix
- 1 1/2 cups (170 grams) rye flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 grams) baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups (170 grams) bread flour
- 2 1/4 tsp (6 grams) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (2 grams) ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 tsp (3 grams) ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp (0.3 grams) ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp (0.3 grams) ground anise seed
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup (120 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliters) honey
- 2 (100 grams) eggs, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) water
- 1/4 cup (40 milliliters) milk
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) pasteurized liquid egg whites
- 2 cups (250 grams) powdered sugar
- Gel food coloring, in desired colors
- Step 1: Sift gingerbread cookie mix, rye flour, bread flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, and anise seed into large bowl. Set aside.
- Step 2: In a bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix the butter and granulated sugar until fluffy. Add honey, 1 egg, water and milk and mix on medium speed until smooth. The add flour to the mixer and beat on low speed until mixed. Dough will still be slightly sticky.
- Step 3: Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Step 4: Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Step 5: Roll cookie dough into 1/8 inch (3-4 millimeter) thick rectangle and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Step 6: Remove dough from refrigerator and cut into gingerbread men shapes using 3 1/2 inc (8.9 centimeter) cookie cutter. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Step 7: Beat remaining egg in small bowl and brush egg on gingerbread. Then bake for 12 minutes.
- Step 8: Cool completely on wire racks before decorating.
- Step 1: Whisk liquid egg whites in a large bowl until frothy. Add powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Step 2: Place in smaller bowls and tint with desired colors.
- Step 3: Transfer to piping bags fitted with desired tips and decorate gingerbread men.
Credit: Disney Parks
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Pick Your Side With These Fun Lightsaber Waffle Sticks! - October 18, 2021
- Oh Boy! Colorful Mickey Pie Pops To Bake At Home! - October 18, 2021
- Nemo And Friends Celebrate The 50th Anniversary In The Cutest Way! - October 16, 2021