Gingerbread cookies are a must during the holiday season, that’s why we have a delicious recipe from Shanghai Disneyland so you can recreate them at home!
So now you don’t have to visit a Disney Park to get them, you can have fun baking with your family and enjoying this delicious holiday treat.
- 1 1/4 cups (160 grams) gingerbread cookie mix
- 1 1/2 cups (170 grams) rye flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 grams) baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups (170 grams) bread flour
- 2 1/4 tsp (6 grams) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (2 grams) ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 tsp (3 grams) ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp (0.3 grams) ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp (0.3 grams) ground anise seed
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup (120 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliters) honey
- 2 (100 grams) eggs, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) water
- 1/4 cup (40 milliliters) milk
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) pasteurized liquid egg whites
- 2 cups (250 grams) powdered sugar
- Gel food coloring, in desired colors
- Step 1: Sift gingerbread cookie mix, rye flour, bread flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, and anise seed into large bowl. Set aside.
- Step 2: In a bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix the butter and granulated sugar until fluffy. Add honey, 1 egg, water and milk and mix on medium speed until smooth. The add flour to the mixer and beat on low speed until mixed. Dough will still be slightly sticky.
- Step 3: Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Step 4: Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Step 5: Roll cookie dough into 1/8 inch (3-4 millimeter) thick rectangle and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Step 6: Remove dough from refrigerator and cut into gingerbread men shapes using 3 1/2 inc (8.9 centimeter) cookie cutter. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Step 7: Beat remaining egg in small bowl and brush egg on gingerbread. Then bake for 12 minutes.
- Step 8: Cool completely on wire racks before decorating.
- Step 1: Whisk liquid egg whites in a large bowl until frothy. Add powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Step 2: Place in smaller bowls and tint with desired colors.
- Step 3: Transfer to piping bags fitted with desired tips and decorate gingerbread men.
Credit: Disney Parks
- Surprise Mom With A Tonga Toast Breakfast This Mother’s Day! - May 8, 2021
- Apple Crumble Tarts Recipe From Epcot Food & Wine Festival! - May 7, 2021
- Surprise Your Ohana With A Stitch Smoothie Bowl! - May 6, 2021