The newest ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet, Disney Dream, will set sail on her maiden voyage Jan. 26, 2011, from Port Canaveral, Fla. Taking family cruising to all-new heights, Disney Dream embraces the spirit of innovation, magical family entertainment and immersive experiences that have made Disney Cruise Line the preeminent choice for families since 1998.
Two decks taller than the existing Disney Magic and Disney Wonder, the new 4,000-passenger liner increases the passenger capacity for Disney Cruise Line by nearly 75 percent.
The Disney Dream also expands the one-of-a-kind family experience guests enjoy while on a Disney Cruise Line vacation. Here are some of the highlights:
• The ship will feature a first-of-its-kind water coaster – AquaDuck – that will send guests racing above and around the upper decks of the ship.
• Animator’s Palate restaurant will magically transform into an undersea wonderland with live, impromptu interactions with Crush, the animated sea turtle from Disney•Pixar’s “Finding Nemo.”
• Elaborately themed children’s spaces will immerse children in their favorite Disney stories and feature some of today’s most innovative technology.
• A nighttime entertainment district just for adults will be filled with sophisticated, trendy, fanciful and fun-filled venues.
• Inside staterooms will have a “special” view thanks to a cruise industry first, the “virtual porthole” concept.
The Disney Dream will sail alternating three- and four-night cruises to the Bahamas and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay. During summer 2011, the ship will sail four- and five-night itineraries with two stops at Castaway Cay.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a cruise vacation onboard the Disney Dream, guests can visit disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888/DCL-2500 or contact their travel agent.For more Disney News follow us on Instagram @chipandco on Twitter @chipandcompany and on Facebook or Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.