Disney has just sent out an update about the reopening of its water parks at Walt Disney World.
While Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park and Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park remain closed at this time, pending state and local government approvals, Disney currently plans to reopen one of the two Disney water parks on March 7, 2021. Please note that this date is not set in stone as they still may change the reopening date the closer they get to March.
Here is more information that was shared by Disney…
Like the other areas of Walt Disney World Resort, we will welcome back Guests and Cast Members to our water parks in a responsible way, with a plan, focused on health and well-being. We will provide more details on our phased reopening plan, including a decision on the specific water park that will be reopening first, at a later time.
We realize that some Guests with existing tickets and some Annual Passholders are impacted by this update. We are offering options to Guests with an existing Premier Passport, Platinum Plus Pass, Water Parks Annual Pass, Water Parks After 2 Annual Pass or tickets that include the Park Hopper Plus Option or Water Park and Sports Option.
If you have a ticket that includes the Park Hopper Plus Option or Water Park & Sports Option, we are offering options including:
- Keep: You may use your current date-based ticket with the existing add-on options at other experiences available during your visit.
- Modify: Tickets, as well as Disney Resort hotel packages with tickets, may be modified. To discuss the options, please call the Disney Reservation Center.
- Cancel: If you do not want to use your ticket, you also have the option of canceling the ticket or package. To discuss the options, please call the Disney Reservation Center.
At this time, Guests can purchase new tickets that include the Park Hopper Plus Option or Water Park and Sports Option for admission March 7th and later. We will resume sales of Water Park annual passes and 1-Day Water Park Tickets at a later date.
WATER PARK TICKETS
We will automatically extend unused, unexpired 1-Day Disney Water Park tickets through Dec. 31, 2021. As an alternative, Guests may instead choose to cancel their tickets. To discuss the options, please call the Disney Reservation Center. Also, if you are unable to visit by Dec. 31, 2021, you may apply the value of a wholly unused ticket toward the purchase of a ticket for a future date.
WATER PARK ANNUAL PASSES
Water Parks and Water Parks After 2 annual passes will be automatically extended for the period in which both water parks were closed. As an alternative, water park Passholders may instead choose to cancel their pass. To choose this option, please call (407) 939-2732.
Universal Orlando has already reopened its waterpark Volcano Bay, we are unsure why Disney World is delaying the reopening of its waterparks…
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- New Private Adventures coming to Adventures by Disney - October 21, 2020
- Dates announced for 2021 Epcot International Festival of the Arts - October 21, 2020
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort is scheduled to reopen on February 9th, 2021. - October 21, 2020