The Disney Cruise Line has issued a statement on Hurricane Dorian and the impact on their upcoming sailings.
September 4, 2019 – 8:45 a.m.
We continue to monitor the path and progress of Hurricane Dorian to ensure our guests enjoy safe and comfortable cruises, and to make certain our ships steer clear of the storm. The safety of our guests and crew is always our foremost concern. Since all tropical storms and hurricanes are inherently unpredictable, our plans may change from day to day based on the most current information. Please check this site often for the most up to date information.
Disney Dream – current sailing
Disney Dream’s current sailing was scheduled to return to Port Canaveral on Wednesday, September 4. However, after careful review of Hurricane Dorian’s forecasted path, and conversations with port officials in Florida, it does not seem likely that Port Canaveral will be available for our return on Wednesday.
Because of this, we will need to further extend this sailing and now expect Disney Dream to return to Port Canaveral on Thursday, September 5.
Disney Dream – Monday, September 2 changed to Wednesday, September 4
While we had hoped to preserve some portion of the voyage for our Guests’ enjoyment, we have had to change our plans given the inherently unpredictable nature of tropical storms and hurricanes. After careful review of the currently forecasted path, and conversations with port officials in Florida, we have decided to cancel the sailing completely. We understand this may be disappointing news, but we feel this was a necessary decision. The safety of our Guests and crew members is always our foremost concern.
Since the sailing was cancelled, Guests are eligible for a full refund of their voyage fare. Additionally, we want to offer Guests an opportunity to sail with us again and will provide them with a 20% discount on a future cruise.
Guests should contact us at 1-866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032 between Monday, September 9, 2019, and Thursday, October 31, 2019, to let us know if they would like to apply their credit to a new sail date between now and December 31, 2020, or receive a full refund. Guests who already moved to a different voyage will be able to apply the discount to their new sailing (some restrictions may apply).
We are truly sorry for the storm’s impact on our Guest’s vacation, and appreciate their understanding given the continued unpredictability of Hurricane Dorian’s path.
Disney Dream on Friday, September 6 & Disney Fantasy on Saturday, September 7 – NEW
Based on the current projected path of Hurricane Dorian, we do not anticipate any impact to Disney Dream’s sailing on Friday, September 6, or Disney Fantasy on Saturday, September 7. We expect to know more on Wednesday when the storm is forecasted to pass Florida’s east coast. Given the inherent unpredictability of tropical storms and hurricanes, we’re continuing to closely monitor the path of Hurricane Dorian and will provide updates as necessary.
Castaway Cay – UPDATED
All is well at Castaway Cay. Due to the tropical storm conditions the island experienced, we have some cleaning up to do related to landscaping and will need to make minor repairs to the roof of one small covered pavilion area. We are awaiting the arrival of survey equipment to evaluate the pier and ship channel, as is required after any storm, before we are able to reopen Castaway Cay to guests.