A vacation with Disney Cruise Line is magical all on its own, but did you know that they also offer special theme cruises that adds an extra layer of magic? Guests can experience Heroic encounters, Galactic adventures, Frozen fun, and Holiday festivities all while sailing on a Disney Cruise. Let’s take a look at the different themed cruises your family can enjoy:
MARVEL DAY AT SEA
Take a stand alongside some of Marvel’s mightiest heroes for an exciting day-long adventure—available on select 5-night sailings from Miami.
Unleash the hero within—and experience the thrills of the Marvel Universe—during a day-long extravaganza where family fun rules.
Join some of your favorite Marvel Super Heroes (and villains) from The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy—as well as Spider-Man—for one epic day filled with one-of-a-kind entertainment, unforgettable meet-and-greets and special offerings you won’t find anywhere else.
During Marvel Day at Sea, you’ll enjoy:
- An action-packed nighttime stunt show spectacular on deck featuring fireworks and the largest collection of Marvel Super
- Heroes and villains ever assembled on a cruise ship
- Thrilling photo ops with some of your favorite heroes, including Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and Spider-Man—plus, the debut of Black Panther and Loki as part of a Disney vacation experience
- A new, immersive show featuring Doctor Strange, who will demonstrate the power of the mystic arts and enlist Guests in an epic battle against the Dark Dimension
- An adult-exclusive experience inspired by the Guardian’s interstellar adventures transforms Fathoms nightclub into a Ravager hideout with alien dance performers pumping up the energy before the Guardians arrive
- The newest Marvel Studios blockbuster inside the Walt Disney Theatre—plus a Marvel movie marathon featuring past hits
- Open-air, Funnel Vision screenings of the latest Marvel TV animated series
- A fan-filled costume celebration in the ship’s Atrium
- Extraordinary games and activities at Disney’s Oceaneer Club and throughout the ship
- Surprise Super Hero and Super Villain appearances throughout the ship
- Amazing themed food and beverages
- Exclusive merchandise and collectibles
Marvel Day at Sea—a heroic celebration of the Marvel Universe—is a one-day extravaganza available on select sailings from Miami. For the remainder of your voyage, look forward to a thrilling itinerary of entertainment and activities-from Broadway-style shows and innovative dining to immersive Port Adventures.
Marvel Day at Sea is aboard Disney Magic sailings from Miami, Florida on the following departure dates:
STAR WARS DAY AT SEA
Celebrate the legendary saga and its characters in an event of galactic proportions aboard Disney Cruise Line.
Star Wars Day at Sea—available on select 7-night Caribbean cruises—combines the power of the Force and the magic of Disney—in an out-of-this-world adventure unlike any other! On board experience the heroes, villains and sensational action of the saga up close. Be transported to “a galaxy far, far away” for an entire day of family fun, including:
- A deck party featuring Star Wars Characters, music, dancing and fireworks
- Photo opportunities with Characters from across the Star Wars galaxy
- An onboard version of the Jedi Training Academy, where young Padawans learn lightsaber maneuvers
- Star Wars-themed games and activities at Disney’s Oceaneer Club and Disney’s Oceaneer Lab
- Stellar food and beverage offerings
- Screenings of the Star Wars films, plus episodes of Disney’s animated series Star Wars Rebels
- Exclusive themed merchandise
Star Wars Day at Sea is a one-day extravaganza available aboard Disney Fantasy sailings from Port Canaveral, Florida on the following departure dates:
DAY OF FROZEN FUN
Relive the magic of Disney’s Frozen with flurries of cool festivities aboard the Disney Wonder and Disney Magic.
For the First Time in Forever!
Experience a whole day of Frozen fun on select 7-night or longer Disney Wonder and Disney Magic summer sailings. Wake up one special morning to discover the atrium aboard the Disney Wonder or the Disney Magic transformed into a winter wonderland with friends from the Frozen Kingdom of Arendelle—plus a full day of Frozen activities! Festivities include:
- Meet-and-greet favorite Frozen friends as Queen Elsa, Princess Anna and Olaf the Snowman.
- Join “Anna’s Chocolate Chase” on a scavenger hunt with a special surprise at the finish line.
- Create snow and ice as you wield the magical powers of Queen Elsa in this fun and frosty activity.
- Learn Oaken’s Maypole Swirl and Twirl, a traditional Scandinavian folk dance, spinning ribbons into a spectacle of colors.
- Dine on a Nordic-inspired dinner menu followed by a fun-filled show of Frozen singing, dancing and games. Delight in the decorative deep freeze as it spreads to the upper decks of the ship, with giant snowflakes, icicles and snow-covered rocks.
A Frozen-Themed Dining Experience
Enjoy traditional Nordic fare created just for the party—along with special dishes inspired by the hit movie—in a feast fit for a royal appetite.
“Freezing the Night Away With Anna, Elsa and Friends”
This star-studded show features Anna, Elsa and Kristoff—along with virtual visits from Sven, Olaf and the trolls! Delight in upbeat dancing, Frozen song favorites and Elsa’s powerful ice magic. Play reindeer games with Sven. Sing along to Olaf’s signature song “In Summer.” You’ll have a wintry blast because this deck party extravaganza is anything but chill!
HALLOWEEN ON THE HIGH SEAS CRUISES
Discover treats, tricks, magical mischief and spooky surroundings as you celebrate Halloween on the High Seas! Thrills and chills await you at every turn with Halloween-themed parties, lively entertainment and elaborate décor-including an evolving Halloween Tree that eerily transforms throughout your cruise.
Halloween on the High Seas will take place on the following sail dates:
Other special experiences include:
- Mickey’s Mouse-querade Party—an atrium party scare-a-bration in addition to Pirate Night—with ghoulish games, trick-or-treating, dancing and some favorite Disney Pals in their Halloween attire
- Halloween-themed activities for all ages, such as mask-making for kids and pumpkin-carving for teens
- Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas Sing and Scream, an interactive movie experience where you’re part of the action, followed by a meet-and-greet with Jack and Sally
- Haunted Stories of the Sea—a campfire-style storytelling experience on the deck
- Halloween movie marathon to get you in the spirit, shown on Funnel Vision and on the dedicated in-room television channel
- Halloween Isn’t Just for Kids—an adults-only party that includes a costume contest
And more spooky surprises await you onboard!
With so much to see and do, you won’t want to miss this Halloween celebration at sea. Be sure to pack your favorite costumes and get ready for happy haunts.
VERY MERRYTIME CRUISES
This holiday season, delight in magical merriment at sea with Very Merrytime Cruises—a Disney Cruise Line event.
Very Merrytime Cruises will take place on the following sail dates:
Holiday Cheer at Castaway Cay
A winter wonderland awaits you aboard each ship—as well as at Castaway Cay!
Disney’s private island paradise is transformed with “snow” flurries, a Christmas tree and more. Be on the lookout for Mr. and Mrs. Snowman, dressed in their island attire. Plus, the island’s tram is decorated to resemble a reindeer, complete with antlers and a tail.
On the ship, discover a festive fusion of holiday-themed entertainment, activities and décor—with a life-sized gingerbread house, 24-foot Christmas tree, garlands, poinsettias, shimmering lights and more!
Other holiday enhancements include:
- Deck the Deck Tropical Holiday Party, a celebration in addition to Pirate Night, with candy-cane limbo, dancing and games
- Tree Lighting Ceremony, where kids can help light the tree and kick off the holiday festivities
- Winter Wonderland Ball—welcome the guests of honor, Santa and Mrs. Claus, with a grand celebration featuring Broadway-style entertainment, favorite Disney characters and classic holiday tunes
- Santa Claus meet-and-greet, an exciting opportunity to take family pictures and see Santa
- Meet-and-Greets with some favorite Disney Characters, dressed in their holiday attire
- Teen-only and tween-only holiday parties—private celebrations where teens and tweens can hang out with new friends
- Holiday storytelling, with new and old tales about holidays at sea and around the world
- Themed activities and crafts for kids—decorate stockings, make holiday cards, go on a holiday scavenger hunt and more
- A life-sized gingerbread house made completely with edible ingredients—and the opportunity to make your own gingerbread house
- Holiday merchandise available for this event
Plus, on December 24 and 25, enjoy additional holiday experiences:
- Cookies on Christmas Eve
- Special holiday towel animals
- Special holiday surprise
- Holiday caroling with the kids and crew
- Religious Services
- When you celebrate winter holidays with Disney Cruise Line, you can spend more quality time together with loved ones as you sail from one spectacular port to the next.
Contact me today to start planning your magical Disney vacation. As an agent with MickeyTravels (designated with Platinum Earmarked status by Disney), my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! And did I mention that my services are FREE? Find me on Facebook or feel free to email me with any Disney vacation questions at SPhillips@mickeytravels.com
Latest posts by Sarah Phillips (see all)
- October Events At Paddlefish and Terralina Crafted Italian - September 25, 2018
- Pumpkin Cupcake Rolls In To Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - September 24, 2018
- Disneyland Paris offers New Disney Parking+ Option - September 24, 2018