This morning, Disney Cruise Line’s flagship vessel, the Disney Magic, arrived in New York Harbor donning the world’s largest bumper sticker. Usually found on the back of family minivans, the 50-foot-long by 11-foot-wide super-sized sticker is larger than a city bus. The ship will depart this afternoon, marking the beginning of Disney’s first-ever consumer sailings out of Manhattan – allowing local residents to experience a Disney vacation in their own backyard.
The Disney Magic will sail a total of 20 cruises from New York – including eight-night cruises to the Bahamas and five-night cruises up the New England coast to Canada plus two-night cruises that will give a sampling of the Disney Cruise Line experience over a weekend:
- The eight Bahamas cruises will include a day at Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay; Nassau, Bahamas; and a stop at Port Canaveral, Fla., giving guests an opportunity to visit the nearby Walt Disney World Resort. As part of this itinerary, each guest will receive a one-day Walt Disney World Park Hopper ticket and roundtrip transportation between their Disney ship and the resort. Departure Dates: May 25, June 2, 22, 30, July 20, 28, Aug. 17, 25
- The nine five-night cruises up the New England coast will call at Halifax, Nova Scotia, and Saint John, New Brunswick. In these popular Canadian ports, guests can soak in splendid natural vistas, explore historic sites, visit quaint cafes and charming shops, and browse Canada’s oldest farmer’s market. Departure Dates: June 10, 17, July 8, 15, Aug. 5, 12, Sept. 2, 7, 12
- Three two-night cruises out of New York are perfect for families looking for a quick getaway with a day at sea over a weekend. Rates for the two-night cruises start at $996 per person for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy. Departure Dates: June 15, July 13 and Aug. 10
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, guests can visit Pixie Vacations
- Set Sail for New Adventures with Disney Cruise Line’s Summer Itineraries (chipandco.com)
- Disney Wonder Sails Inaugural Trip to Hawai’i (chipandco.com)