Have you seen all the new excitement coming to the Disney Dream this fall, aboard the Disney Cruise Line? I don’t know about you, but, these enhancements look amazing and passengers are going to love immersing themselves into the fun. These changes will debut on October 26th, after the Disney Dream goes through dry dock from October 4-25.
In case you missed it, here’s a glimpse at what is in store for guests of all ages:
Star Wars Area Brings Force-filled Fun for Children
A newly themed area in Disney’s Oceaneer Club, open to ages three to 12, will entertain children with an out-of-this-galaxy experience inspired by the Star Wars saga.
- Star Wars: Millennium Falcon, a Force-filled play area inspired by the spacecraft from the legendary saga
- In Millennium Falcon, children can express their creativity through Star Wars-themed crafts, games and activities
- Jedi Training Academy experience that invites young Jedi hopefuls – known as “Padawans” – to learn lightsaber moves from a Jedi Master (as also seen at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disneyland in California)
High-Tech Disney Infinity Space Adds Adventure for Kids
Also in the Oceaneer Club, a high-tech interactive space based on the Disney Infinity video game offers more fun for kids.
- Disney Infinity Toy Box area where children can experience a whole new way of playing together with exciting virtual experiences and immersive activities.
- Complete set of Disney Infinity character figures will be on display for creative inspiration and available for gameplay
- Kids visiting this special room – found only on the Disney Dream – will be able to unlock exclusive Disney Cruise Line content that they can continue to enjoy when playing Disney Infinity at home.
- Life-sized Disney Infinity Base sets the stage where children take the place of character figures for a group gaming experience unlike any other.
Specialty Sweet Shop for Families
Vanellope’s Sweets & Treats will satisfy the sweet tooth of cruisers of all ages, with handmade gelato and ice cream, an assortment of candy and novelty treats for purchase. New to Deck 11, the smell of freshly baked waffle cones and candy will linger from the specialty store’s two entrances, inside Cabana’s restaurant and outside by the pool deck. This sweet spot is themed after the whimsical candy land of the Sugar Rush race car game in “Wreck-It Ralph.”
Magical Makeover Salon for Princesses and Pirates
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, coming to Deck 5 midship, will bring to life the storybook fantasies of young guests with pixie-dusted and piratical makeovers. This very special salon will offer aspiring princesses and knights ages three to 12 the chance to transform into royalty with the help of a fairy godmother-in-training. On pirate party night this boutique becomes The Pirates League where swashbuckling pirates of all ages will have the opportunity to unleash their inner buccaneer.
Exclusively for adults, Deck 13 will include a new water feature, Satellite Falls, a circular splash pool with benches and a gently falling rain curtain that provides cool comfort. Around this upper deck, adult guests can soak up the sun in loungers on the adjacent Satellite Falls sun deck or relax in the shade under a canopy. This splash pool area offers a soothing retreat to guests 18 and older. Featuring a stunning spherical design with a tranquil rain curtain and offering panoramic ocean views from the bow of the ship, this quiet spot for sunbathing and staying cool will be making its debut this Fall.