Continuing the Earth Day celebration, the Disney Conservation Fund has just announced its 2018 Conservation Grants totaling more than $8 million to support the work of 80 nonprofit organizations as part of Disney’s “Reverse the Decline” initiative.
This year’s grantees are working in 34 countries to lead incredible conservation programs, including:
- California Condor Nest Guarding Program – Santa Barbara Zoological Foundation: In 1986 only nine condors remained in the wild. Santa Barbara Zoo and partners are working to increase California condor populations through captive breeding, careful management, education programs with local communities and research to encourage self-sustaining populations through the California Condor Nest Guarding Program.
- Rewilding Australia with Tasmanian Devils – Global Wildlife Conservation: Non-native species threaten the survival of many native Australian wildlife species and as a result, impact ecosystems and human livelihoods. Global Wildlife Conservation is working to reverse the decline of the Tasmanian devil on the Australian mainland and re-establish it as an apex predator, while raising public awareness about challenges faced by Australia’s wildlife.
- Seagrass Surveys for Education and Conservation – Marine Resources Development Foundation: Seagrass beds are diminishing worldwide, but serve a critical role in coastal ecosystems by stabilizing sediments and providing food and habitat for marine wildlife. The Marine Resources Development Foundation is leading seagrass surveys in the Florida Keys to monitor and understand ecosystem health, and engaging students and teachers from around the country in hands-on field work, data analysis and classroom curriculum to raise awareness about seagrass habitat conservation.
The “Reverse the Decline” program is committed to saving wildlife, inspiring action and protecting the planet and pairs philanthropic grants with contributions of expertise from Disney animal care experts who work together to make an impact for wildlife and wild places. To date, DCF has awarded more than $70 million to support conservation efforts to support nonprofit organizations working to save wildlife, inspire action, and protect the planet in 115 countries.
There are still fantastic 2018 packages available. Send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner!
Are you ready to start planning your magical Disney vacation? As an agent with MickeyTravels, (designated with Platinum Earmarked status by Disney), I’ll be available to help with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Get in touch at 843-288-1130, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook. Or fill out and submit the form below.
Latest posts by Whitney Littlejohn (see all)
- Four More Disneyland Resort Restaurants Participate in Mobile Ordering - September 26, 2018
- Is PizzeRizzo Going to Seasonal Hours? - September 26, 2018
- Halloween Fun at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa - September 26, 2018