Hey everyone Anonymouse here, I just received an interesting survey on DVC accommodations. It seems as if Disney is looking for some input on which room components are most important and least important to guests. And not all of the items in the survey are new features. The survey also asks questions about existing amenities. Too early to know if the survey is to help plan new DVC properties or to consider making some changes to existing DVC resorts.
So, let’s talk about what WAS in the survey. Features seemed to fall into the following categories: room layout and fixtures, quality of items in the room, and DVC services. Here are some of the highlights.
Room Layout and Fixtures
- Washer/Dryer. If the DVC is supposed to be a home away from home, please don’t take this away!
- Shower/tub configuration
- Bathroom in the foyer at the expense of living area space
- Different bed configurations. Could they were sending out feelers for all studios and one-bedroom to sleep five?
- Exercise equipment in the living area. No thank you, DVC. Last thing I need is for the room to smell like a gym or to have to wrestle the kids off their version of a jungle gym.
- Self –adjustable thermostat. One of the more interesting items. Is there really another option? Yes, I want to be able to control the temperature in the villa without pre-set temperature points.
- Expanded storage areas
- Luxury bath fixtures. A towel-warmer sounds good to me.
- Oversized in-room safe that is large enough to hold a laptop
- Private toilet area separate from vanity and shower. I think everyone with kids would vote, “Yes” to this one!
Quality of Room Items
- Luxury bed linens, bath towels, bath toiletries, and upgraded mattress and pillow.
- “Green” items such as cleaners, low-flow shower heads
- “Healthy” living items like yoga mats, organic sheets, and air purifiers
- More character theming in the villa. I love Mickey as much as the next guy but I don’t need to see him on very surface in the room.
- A smart box in the room to hook up your computer, iPod, etc.
- Larger, flat panel television
- Free, wireless internet access in room. Yes, Yes, and Yes!
- DVR capabilities and more selection in cable channels
- Mousekeeping preferences. Do guests want the existing trash and towel service, daily cleaning for a fee, or daily cleaning with increased dues?
- Bring Fido to a pet-friendly resort. With Best Friends Pet Care opening up a kennel on property this summer, this question seems out of place for Walt Disney World properties.
- Standard concierge level services which may include a lounge area with snacks and personal concierge.
- Have Disney store your items for a fee. Is Disney trying to venture into Owner’s Locker territory?
Well that is all I have for now. Let us know what you think about these room options. What’s most and least important to you?
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Will We Find Out the Opening Date of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland Next Week? - February 21, 2019
- Are Disney Free Dining Dates Coming Soon? - April 11, 2018
- Could A New Japanese Restaurant Be Coming to the World Showcase? - January 20, 2018