Two of Disney’s most cherished games from the 90s make their highly anticipated return today in Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King. The enchanting collection brings back the beloved 16-bit magic of Disney’s Aladdin and The Lion King games, complete with new features, enhancements and a plethora of bonus content for both original fans and new players to explore on Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, and PC.
The collection contains fan-favorite versions of each original title featuring upscaled graphics to support high definition displays and additional upgrades to enhance playability on current consoles. A brand-new “final cut” of Aladdin and an original Aladdin “tradeshow demo” that has not been publicly available since 1993 are also included.
“Aladdin and The Lion King are iconic titles that redefined what a licensed game could be, so we took great care to deliver the kind of modern experience we, as fans, would want,” says Stephen Frost, senior producer at Digital Eclipse. “We wanted to highlight the rich history of both games and stay true to the originals, while also refreshing the experience for new players and all the fans of the 90s versions.”
Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and the Lion King features include:
- Authentic Game Content with Modern Improvements – Fans old and new can enjoy the original game builds, upscaled graphics, customizable controls, save states, level select special filters for visual enhancement and more.
- Variety of Game Versions – The collection includes multiple playable platform versions of the games including their Sega Genesis, Game Boy and Super Game Boy releases, as well as The Lion King Super Nintendo Entertainment System version.
- A Helping Hand – Players who want to experience the Disney magic in true “Hakuna Matata” fashion can use the Interactive Game Viewer to view playthroughs and jump in when ready, Rewind feature, and cheat codes such as invulnerability and infinite lives to aid gameplay progression.
- Curated, Explorable Museum – A treasure trove of behind-the-scenes development assets including interviews, an art gallery and a music player shares the rich history behind the Aladdin and The Lion King 16-bit games.
The collection is available digitally for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One, and PC for $29.99. Physical copies of the console versions are available for $29.99 through major North American retailers including GameStop, Amazon, Best Buy, Target and Walmart. It will be available through European retailers with equivalent pricing starting Friday, Nov. 1.
Retail store page links:
- Amazon – Nintendo Switch, PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One
- Best Buy – Nintendo Switch, PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One
- GameStop – Nintendo Switch, PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One
- Target – Nintendo Switch, PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One
- Walmart – PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch link coming soon
PC store page link: Steam
- Splash Mountain Boat sinks forcing evacuation - August 3, 2020
- Beauty and the Beast prequel for Disney+ Now has a Name - July 31, 2020
- Celebrate 25 years of Toy Story with The Disney Store Toy Story 25th Anniversary Key - July 31, 2020