This year Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort will receive a Diamond Celebration infusion, making the season shine as never before with Diamond Celebration décor and entertainment. The Halloween Time celebration of chilling, family-friendly fun begins Friday, Sept. 11, and continues through Sunday, Nov. 1, with 17 nights dedicated to Mickey’s Halloween Party.
Mickey’s Halloween Party, a popular separate-ticket event, has been expanded to 17 nights beginning Friday, Sept. 25. The after-hours party features an array of special entertainment, along with traditional Halloween Time fun. In addition to the “Halloween Screams” fireworks spectacular, the “Paint the Night” parade and a new superhero-themed dance party at Tomorrowland Terrace will be offered during the party. All guests, adults and children alike, are encouraged to wear costumes for the party as they trick-or-treat throughout Disneyland park.
Highlights of Mickey’s Halloween Party include:
- Early entry to Disneyland: You’ll get the opportunity to experience Disneyland park for three hours before the party starts, then go trick or treating – for candy and healthy treats – in the ultimate Disney neighborhood.
- “Paint the Night – All-New Electrical Parade”: The dazzling, all-new Disneyland nighttime parade creates a river of color flowing down Main Street, U.S.A., for Mickey’s Halloween Party. The parade features favorite Disney and Disney●Pixar characters and songs, along with more than 1.5 million brilliant LED lights that flash and glow as Mickey Mouse uses his vivid imagination to “Paint the Night.”
- The “Halloween Screams” fireworks spectacular is hosted by “Master of Scare-omonies” Jack Skellington and is exclusive to Mickey’s Halloween Party.
- An all-new superhero-themed dance party comes to Tomorrowland Terrace. The party is hosted by Super Goof and features a DJ, dancers, lively music and superhero dance moves. Super Goof is super-excited to host his very first dance party in Tomorrowland and he is bringing to the stage all of his special “BAM!” “POW! and “ZAP!” Be sure to show off your “superhero side,” no matter what costume you choose to wear.
- “Villains Square”: Disneyland Town Square becomes “Villains Square” throughout the evening and the Disney villains will arrive as the “Bad Apple Party Crashers,” riding a black horse-drawn carriage accompanied by thunder, fog and special lighting effects. These favorite wicked tricksters will appear for photos and character greetings, and guests are invited to “Party Like a Villain.”
- New animated Halloween images – ghosts, bats, pumpkins, skeletons – will be projected on the facades of Main Street U.S.A. buildings throughout the evening, adding to the eerie atmosphere.
- The Dapper Dans become the ghoulish Cadaver Dans quartet and will perform Halloween tunes aboard a drifting graveyard-themed raft on the fog-filled Rivers of America in New Orleans Square and Frontierland.
- There will be special photo locations with popular Disney pals, as well as Disney villains. For Mickey’s Halloween Party only, Disney characters will be dressed in their Halloween costumes. During the day and on non-Halloween Party nights, Disney characters will wear their special Diamond Celebration attire.
- Nearly all the favorite Disneyland rides and attractions, plus Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, will be operating.
- Complimentary parking for one standard-size vehicle is included with the ticket.
During Halloween Time, on non-party nights, you’ll be able to see the “Paint the Night” parade along with the new “Disneyland Forever” fireworks spectacular.
Also for Halloween Time, Jack Skellington will make his annual appearance in Disneyland to take over the Haunted Mansion and bring Haunted Mansion Holiday back to New Orleans Square. This year, for the first time, Jack is joined by the Hatbox Ghost, who took up residence in the Mansion just as the Diamond Celebration was getting underway. Haunted Mansion Holiday is inspired by the classic animated film “Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas”.
Spooky Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy in Tomorrowland is a guest favorite during Halloween Time. You’ll be launched into a haunted section of the universe and try to escape the clutches of a freaky ghost! This version of the ride is slightly scarier than the regular version, so take that into account before letting your younger children ride.
In Frontierland, the traditional Dia de los Muertos is observed with a beautiful display.
This year Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort will be extra special as it happens during the Diamond Celebration. It’s a time not to be missed! Email me today to start planning your next spook-tacular Disney vacation!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!