Nature enthusiasts can now explore the outdoors from the comfort of their own home with Disneynature Explore. It’s a new augmented reality app available from the Apple App Store, and best of all it’s free.
It’s release coincides with Earth Month and the release of Disneynature’s latest theatrical movie, Bears, Disneynature Explore combines an augmented reality experience with fun animal-behavior game play.
When the app’s augmented reality features are used, 3D animals will appear in the live camera view of the device, taking kids on adventures in their own backyards or neighborhoods. In the activities kids will be able to catch salmon like a brown bear and follow tracks to find her bear cub, hunt a warthog with a lion, view the world from the eyes of a monarch butterfly, fish for termites like a chimpanzee and more.
Disneynature Explore features five animal adventures, each with four unique challenges.
Through player sound recognition, kids will be able to interact directly with the animals they see on their screens. Kids can take photos of each adventure and then add them to their Disneynature Journal.
Disneynature Explore features:
- Exciting 3D animal animation, sound effects and player sound recognition
- Target colors and objects in the view of the mobile device to explore the environment
- Disneynature Journal to store pictures of each adventure and track progress
- Disneynature video clips of real animals featured in the app, including the brown bears from Disneynature BEARS in theaters on April 18th
- Photo missions to extend a family’s engagement with nature
- A parents’ page that includes suggestions for outdoor play
- Virtual Disneynature pins awarded throughout gameplay
- Spanish language option
- No in-app purchases or third-party advertising
Disneynature Explore requires iOS7 or higher and is compatible with iPad Mini, iPad Air, iPod 5, iPad 2 and iPhone 4 and above only. You can download it here http://appstore.com/disneynatureexplore.
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust