Disney World Resorts is testing Direct Check-In. This will allow you to totally avoid the check-in desk when you arrive for your magical vacation.
Just like when Mymagic+ first came out, this is in a testing phase.
You have to meet the following criteria in order to be picked for the test:
- You have to have a My Disney Experience account
- Your reservation must be connected to your MDE account.
- Your balance must be paid in full
- Your online check-in must be completed
- You have to have a pin number already set up on your MDE account.
- You have to have your MagicBands already.
If you will be arriving June 16 – 18th, staying at the following resorts, and meet the above criteria, then you may be picked to test this out. The participating resorts are as follows:
- Contemporary Resort and Bay Lake Tower
- Port Orleans – Riverside and French Quarter
- Pop Century
- Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas – Jambo House and Kidani Village
You will get an email a few days before you arrive, if you are chosen. About an hour or so before your pre-arranged arrival time you will get a text, or possibly an email, telling you your room number. If you are picked then you get to totally skip the front desk and go straight to your room. Your MagicBands will be activated for your room etc.
If you are picked and you choose not to participate, then you can just go to the front desk when you get there and all is well.
Here are few other little tidbits that you may want to know.
- Your welcome packs will not be in your room. If you want one you will have to stop by the front desk and get it.
- If your room is not ready in enough time. Your text, or email, confirmation may arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled check in time.
- If no room is available when you arrive you will get a message telling you of the situation. Your MagicBands will still work for the other features accept room access.
What do you think?
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.