One of the best parts of taking a Disney Cruise is the yummy food and spectacular dining rooms. For families traveling with children, mealtime can be somewhat stressful. But, I hope my tips will help ease some of that stress so you can all have an enjoyable meal together and plan the rest of your day!
- The servers are there to serve you, so sit back, relax and enjoy your family time together. Did you know the servers will actually cut up your kids food? This is HUGE to me, as a mom of three young boys, as I spend most of mealtime cutting up food. The fact that someone will cut up my kids food is a win-win! For adults, the servers are knowledgeable and able to help make recommendations when it comes to wine paring too. If you find that special glass you absolutely love, your server will remember this as they travel with you from restaurant to restaurant throughout the length of your cruise. They are there to provide personalized service throughout your trip!
- Dinner can also be playtime for kids. Don’t be afraid to let them interact with their Disney pals at Animator’s Palate and fully immerse themselves in the unique entertainment. Your dining team will also be part of the magic and get involved with the evening’s festivities.
- While you have the entire family together at dinner, don’t hesitate to play the next day’s adventures. Take out your phone and access the mobile Navigator app or bring your copy from your stateroom. Dinner is a great time to regroup and decide what you’d like to do. And, don’t forget to bring your camera to dinner. You never know when your favorite Disney pals are going to make an appearance at your table.
- Take time for some adult-relaxation at one of the amazing adult-only brunch or dinners at Palo or Remy. While you and your loved one enjoy some quiet time, the kids can eat in the Oceaneer Club and play the night away. This will help you recharge for the rest of your trip over delicious, International cuisine, fine-wine and breathtaking ocean views.
- Dress up! Each night offers a different theme, so don’t be afraid to dress accordingly. Onboard, you will have Pirate Night, featuring Caribbean cuisine and on 7-night or longer cruises, the Captain’s Gala (formal night) will treat you to world-class cuisine and amazing family photo opps!
- And finally, take a lesson from your kids. We spend so much time teaching them manners, that their energetic and carefree spirits while on a cruise can’t help but make you smile. And you will notice that they always say “yes” to dessert. You should do the same too…you won’t be disappointed!!!
Do you have any tips to share that can help other families with kids enjoy their dining time aboard the Disney Cruise Line? We’d love to hear them! And if you are looking to set sail soon on the Disney Cruise Line, I’d love to help you get your plans together and find the best itinerary for your family. Email me at email@example.com to chat!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!