Big news out of the Disney-sphere yesterday is that Disney has amended the guest policy at four of its resorts to accommodate our beloved four-legged friends. Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney Yacht Club Resort, The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground and Disney’s Port Orleans Resort Riverside will all be able to accommodate a maximum of two dogs per guest room. Each of the guest rooms will have easy access to outdoor pet walkways and dogs will receive a welcome kit upon check-in which includes mats, bowls, ID tag, plastic disposable bags and puppy pads. There is an additional cost for the service with Yacht Club charging $75 a night for the service and the other three resorts charging $50 a night.
Information on making a booking with your dog can now be found on the resort pages for each of the four resorts. Take a look:
In addition, WDWMagic shared a more extensive guest policy released by Disney. Here’s a look at the Terms & Conditions:
- Only dogs will be allowed in guest rooms and there is a limit to two dogs per room.
- Guests are responsible for the proper care, behaviour and waste maintenance of their dogs throughout the Resort.
- Dogs must be well behaved and are not allowed on furniture in public spaces.
- Dogs should be supervised at all times while staying on Resort property and should not be left unattended in Guest Rooms for more than 7 hours.
- Dogs should remain silent if left unattended while in your Guest room. If noise is heard you will be called to address the issue within 30 minutes.
- Please display the provided “Do Not Disturb” door hanger outside your Guest room door to alert Cast Members that a dog is present.
- Housekeeping service in Guests rooms where a dog is present is only available when Guests are present. Guest should press the housekeeping button on your in-room phone to schedule a cleaning time at your convenience.
- Dogs should be leashed or restrained at all times while on resort property.
- Only licensed service animals are allowed in Food & Beverage locations, the Club Lounge, Pool Areas, Fitness Centers and other public guest areas.
- Guests with dogs are allowed to use Resort transportation services including Disney’s Magic Express and Minnie Van. In order to use resort transportation, dogs must remain in pet carriers for the duration of transit. All other resort transportation including Monorail and Friendship Boats are only available for use by licensed service animals.
- Dogs are not permitted in the theme parks and Disney Springs. Again, only licensed service animals are allowed in these areas.
- Up-to-date vaccination records must be brought along and should be made available upon request.
We expect more details to be released about this four-legged friendly policy in the days ahead so keep following along with Chip and Co for the latest news and updates.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? There are still fantastic 2017 packages to be had and 2018 discounts are now available! Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations and sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at the parks. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.