The Flower and Garden Festival is still in full bloom at Epcot, this festival offers delicious food from around the world like Frushi!
This tasty treat can be found at the Japan pavilion in the World Showcase and is a must have during your visit. Putting a sweet twist to the regular sushi, this dessert features strawberry, cantaloupe and pineapple!
If you are not able to visit Epcot before July 5th, no worries! You can recreate this Frushi at home following this easy recipe:
- 2 cups of sushi rice, cooked per package directions
- 1 tbsp of cream of coconut
- 16 soy wrappers
- 16 fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/2 cantaloupe, cut into four inch long by 1/4 inch wide rectangles
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled and cored cut into four inch long by 1/4 inch wide rectangles
- Toasted coconut, for garnish
- Raspberry puree, for garnish
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Cook the sushi rice. Let sushi rice cool slightly; stir in cream of coconut. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Lay one soy wrapper on a flat surface. Place about 1/4 cup of sushi rice on the soy wrapper pressing with moistened fingers to cover the whole sheet.
- Place one piece each of pineapple and cantaloupe, and four pieces of strawberry in the center of the rice covered sheet.
- Starting at one end, fold about 1/3 of the roll up, then roll the sheet into a cylinder, keeping the fruit in the middle. Moisten soy wrapper to seal.
- Cut into 4 equal pieces.
- Garnish with raspberry puree, coconut, and whipped cream.
Credit: Recipes of Disney
Photo credit: @ana_leal
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Delicious Naan Bread With Cucumber Raita Recipe From Sanaa! - July 31, 2021
- Carthay Circle Fried Biscuits From Disney California Adventure To Make At Home! - July 30, 2021
- Delicious Curry Sausage Corn Dog From Harambe Market Recipe! - July 30, 2021