Missing those African-inspired flavors of Animal Kingdom like this Curry Sausage Corn Dog!
This treat is a classic is knows as “Famous Sausages” at Harambe Market in Disney’s Animal Kingdom and features a corn dog inspired by a South African sausage called a boerewors, dipped in curry-infused corn batter, sound delicious right? Well we have great news because now you can make this treat at home!
Just follow this easy recipe from Delish and transport yourself to the famous African marketplace!
CURRY SAUSAGE CORN DOG
Curry Corn Dog Batter
- 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of cornmeal
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp of curry powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 tsp of curry powder
- 2 tbsp of coarse salt
Curry Sausage Corn Dog
- Canola oil, for frying
- 8 cooked Bratwurst or knockwurst sausage
- 8 (6″) bamboo skewers
- Curry corn dog batter
- Curry salt, to taste
- Mustard, to taste
- To make the curry corn dog batter: In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda, salt and curry powder. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition. Slowly add 3/4 cup of milk, mixing until smooth and no clumps remain, 4 to 5 minutes. If the batter is too thick to coat sausages, add 1 tbsp of the remaining milk at a time until reaching desired consistency.
- For the curry salt: Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- With caution, heat canola oil in a large pot to 350F. Thread sausages onto bamboo skewers, pushing skewer into about 3/4 of the sausage. Leave enough space at the end of the skewer to hold onto while eating.
- Place batter in a tall, cylindrical container. Dip skewered sausage vertically into batter. Slowly remove sausage.
- To fry corn dogs: With caution and using tongs to firmly hold skewer, place and hold dipped sausage vertically into the oil for 30 seconds, then carefully release the corn dog and fry for 6 to 8 minutes, until an internal temperature of 165F is reached and batter is golden brown, turning as necessary.
- Use tongs to remove from oil and place on paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining sausages. Garnish with curry salt and mustard.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Delicious Pumpkin Milkshake From Disney’s Wilderness Lodge To Enjoy This Fall! - September 2, 2021
- Disney & Dole Honor Girl Scout Hawaii Winner For Her Courage And Kindness! - September 2, 2021
- Pumpkin Streusel Muffins From Disneyland You Can Make At Home! - August 31, 2021