If you think decorating your home for the holidays is a big task, imagine decorating a 1,115-foot-long ship.
For the first time ever, that was the task this year for the Holiday Services department at Walt Disney World Resort. They worked hard to prepare and install more than 300 custom designed décor pieces to adorn the Disney Dream for its very first holiday season.
Check out this video for an inside peek:
Since the first holiday season of the Disney Magic, it has been a tradition to transform Disney Cruise Line ships into a winter wonderland for the holidays. But with a ship three decks taller and more than 150 feet longer, the task this year of decorating the Disney Dream was much larger than years past. Here’s a look at some of the décor by the numbers:
- 1,016 feet of garland, which is more than three football fields and nearly enough to stretch the entire length of the ship
- 66 holiday sprays ranging from 15 inches to six feet
- 29 wreaths ranging from 24 inches to five feet in diameter
- 41 Christmas trees ranging from two feet to 30 feet
- One 20-foot-tall tree takes center stage in the atrium lobby weighing more than one ton and featuring 300 branches and more than 20,000 white LED lights
What’s more, the holiday décor is designed uniquely for specific locations around the ship, with themes and customized ornaments for certain spaces like the youth clubs and dining rooms.
Do you have themed décor for different rooms of your home?
Decorating the Disney Dream for the Holidays by Jonathan Frontado: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!