Disney Cruise Line, along with other cruise lines, are currently not sailing during the pandemic. Some countries closed their ports to cruise ships, however, cruise lines are advertising cruises for the end of Summer and early Fall. One destination that won’t be visited this summer is Grand Cayman.
Cruises that have scheduled stops at Grand Cayman will have to stay at sea an extra day or choose a new port. The Tourism Minister of the island country, Moses Kirkconnell, stated that borders will remain officially closed and no cruise ships will be stopping there until September 1, 2020 – at the earliest.
The deputy premier, Alden McLaughlin, said, “Cabinet has passed a policy that the port will not be open to cruise lines until 1 September 2020,” but added that there was no guarantee the port would be reopened by then, with the timeframe to be reviewed at a later date.
Kirkconnell also stated, “I don’t think that we’re going to see cruise vessels back in Grand Cayman for the second, third quarter, or fourth quarter, to be quite honest. We will continue to dialogue and see what’s best for the tourism industry and product.”
This closure will impact the following Disney Cruise Line cruises (If these sailings do indeed sail as planned):
- June 20 to June 27, 2020: 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral
- July 18 to July 25, 2020: 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral
- August 1 to August 8, 2020: 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral
- August 15 to August 22, 2020: 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral
Grand Cayman is the first Caribbean port to announce that cruises will not be allowed to port there this summer.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Reservations are now open for Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining - November 27, 2020
- Thanksgiving leftover recipe Disney’s Pineapple Cherry Jam Sliders - November 27, 2020
- Breakfast is coming to Tamu Tamu Refreshments in the Animal Kingdom - November 27, 2020