Explore your creative side with this Pop’t Art recipe from Epcot!
You can have fun creating your own masterpiece that is also edible! If you have ever been to Festival of the Arts at Epcot, you are probably familiar with the delicious pop’t arts available during the festival. They are colorful and delicious.
And now you can create your own by following this super easy recipe from Disney!:
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 egg white
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 6 tbsp of chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp of milk
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Food coloring
For the sugar cookie:
- Cream sugar and butter in bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until fluffy. Add egg white and beat for 1 minute.
- Slowly add sifted flour and salt and beat at medium speed until a soft dough forms.
- Cover bowl and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone baking mat.
- Roll dough into a 1/4 inch thick rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut into six, 3×5 inch rectangles.
- Place cookies on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for 30 minutes.
For the topping:
- Spread 1 tbsp of chocolate-hazelnut spread on each cookie, leaving a border of about 1/8 inch around the edges of each cookie.
- Set aside.
For the glaze:
- Whisk powdered sugar, 3 tbsp of the milk, and the vanilla extract in a pie plate until smooth. Add additional milk if the glaze is too thick.
- Set aside 2 tbsp of glaze in a small bowl.
- Dip each cookie, chocolate-hazelnut side down, in the glaze to cover the chocolate.
- Set on a wire rack to dry.
- Mix remaining glaze with desired color or colors of food coloring. Use a fork to drizzle colored glaze on top of the cookies.
Enjoy your pop’t art!