We talk a lot about how to “stay cool” at Walt Disney World, and while there are a lot of ways to keep your cool, sometimes the only one that works is to get your ice cream fix – so where can you go if you’re at WDW and hungry for ice cream?
Well, there are plenty of frozen treat carts that offer the always amazing Mickey Bars as well as assorted other popsicles, but if you’re more in the traditional ice cream sundae/cone mood, then I suggest you head to these Top Ice Cream Spots:
The Plaza Restaurant on Main Street – they serve up some amazing thick milkshakes, floats, and a classic banana split that’s out of this world! It’s a great place for lunch or dinner too, and one of the few places you can sometimes grab a sit down meal without an ADR– There are some pretty great places to get ice cream in MK, but for me, nothing beats
– Nothing beats a cool treat after spending a day checking out the animals and rides at this great Park, and I like to head over to Safari Ice Cream, where I can get a waffle cone, a “bug sundae” (ice cream with gummy worms and ‘dirt’ – aka cookie crumbles!), or an ice cream sandwich with fresh baked chocolate chip cookies
– Hollywood Scoops is the place to go here, where you can grab a cone or dish, or change things up a little with a delicious Apple crisp a la mode (a personal favorite of mine!), or a brownie sundae. They have regular sundaes here too
World Showcase you will find the Gelato Stand where they are serving up sundaes and gelato sandwiches, as well as non-ice cream treats like smoothies, wine/beer, and Tiramisu and cannolis too. Never had gelato? Well then I highly suggest you try it – think of it as ice cream’s richer, creamier, tastier cousin!– Over in Italy at the
Downtown Disney – Downtown Disney is a great place to spend a day, and while you’re there shopping and enjoying the scenery, you might want to stop at Ghiradelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop – where you will find candy and much more! There are plenty of sundae options, as well as cones and shakes/floats, oh, and their hot fudge is made in house using their own chocolate (milk and dark varieties are available). Not sure what to get? The Gold Rush is a popular pick – it’s a sundae with both hot fudge and peanut butter sauce – and it is delectable! You won’t have much trouble locating Ghiradelli either, the smell of the freshly baked waffle cones/bowls will lead you there!
WDW Resorts – Most of the Resorts offer some form of ice cream at their Counter Service eateries – mostly cones, dishes, and basic sundaes are available here. Some Resorts offer a little more than that though, like Beaches and Cream for example. It’s located over at the Beach Club Resort, and they serve up Sandwiches/soups/salads and burgers for lunch/dinner, but don’t forget to save room for the star of the show – the ICE CREAM! Milky way, peanut butter, Hot fudge, bananas, strawberry, banana bread – these and many more are paired with ice cream for some delicious sundae options that make this spot a ‘must do’. They don’t take ADR’s here, so you may have to wait a bit for a table, but in my opinion, its well worth it!
Not sure if these places would fulfill your needs and desires? Well then check out one of these Top 5 Cold Treats at WDW
What about you – where do you head for Ice cream at WDW?
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Make Use Of Those Disney Park Maps With These Easy To Make Coasters! - January 20, 2020
- Disney World Character Meal Tips with Toddlers - March 22, 2017
- Tips for Traveling to Disney World with your WHOLE Family - March 14, 2017