Let me tell you…our first Disney trip, five years ago, we chose to NOT include a Disney Dining Plan in our resort package. Why? Well, we were “first timers” and uneducated :). We assumed, like many people do, that it is WAY expensive, that we could pack our own food for cheaper. That our resort has a refrigerator, so why not come back and grab a sandwich? Disney allows small coolers into the parks, we’ll just pack a lunch. Yea, not so much. While some of those reasons may be good ones for bringing your own food into the park, we realized it isn’t for us.
However, the Quick Service Dining Plan is perfect for our family. We chose this option two trips ago, and will never go back to carting our own food around the parks, and here’s why.
1. We love the flexibility. We can eat WHENEVER we want since we aren’t tied to a reservation. We aren’t at the point with our family where we can try to hold our kids off very long from eating. We don’t like to stop, in the middle of a hot day, to sit down to a buffet or table service meal.
2. Snacks rock. With the Quick Service Dining Option, you get one snack per person, per day. For me, that’s a pretzel in Germany :). That’s the snack I look forward to. My kids LOVE the MIckey Ice Cream Bars and Rice Krispie treats. It’s so nice to walk through the park, and when my kids ask for a treat or a snack, to know I’ve already paid for it. We just hand our Key to the World Card over to the cashier, and it’s paid for.
3. Contrary to popular belief, there is a variety of food on the Quick Service Dining Plan. That is something we realized after our first time using it, two years ago. Before we leave, I email myself a list of restaurants, mainly in World Showcase, that offer Quick Service Dining. That way, we can make sure we are trying new foods, and not eating chicken nuggets and sandwiches for every meal.
If anyone is reading this post at EPCOT, promise you’ll grab a Bavarian Pretzel from Germany for me 🙂
I want to know what you think. Are you a Quick Service Dining Plan user? Let me know in the comment box below.
This guest post comes to us from our new friend Carrie. She is a teacher, mom, and avid Disney fan. She loves planning Disney trips with her family and sharing her magical experiences with others She blogs at My Favorite Finds about cooking, organizing, creating, and of course her Disney travels.”
- Free Dining and Summer Discounts at Disney World (chipandco.com)
- Mouse Gear: Your Disney Shopping Headquarters at Epcot (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!