Add a bit of pixie dust to your hot cocoa with these Chocolate Peppermint Mickey Marshmallows!
They will make those cozy days extra magical! Plus they are Mickey shaped, that makes everything better for sure right? We have no doubts everyone in your family will love these little treats, you can even eat them by themselves!
Want to know how to make these chocolate peppermint Mickey marshmallows? Just follow this easy recipe and have fun this holiday season:
CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT MICKEY MARSHMALLOWS
- 1/4 oz or 1 packet of gelatine powder
- 1/3 cup of water + 1/4 cup of water
- 1 cup of superfine or caster sugar
- 2 tbsp of corn syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 1/2-1 cup of crushed peppermint
- 1/2 cup of chocolate for melting
- Line a square/rectangular pan with wax paper. This recipe makes very thick fluffy marshmallows with an 8×8 pan, but you can use a larger pan to decrease thickness.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix gelatine powder and water and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large stock pot, add 1 cup of sugar, 2 tbsp of corn syrup, and 1/4 cup of water. On medium heat, stir occasionally until mixture reaches 240 F. (110-115C) or until sugar reaches soft ball stage.
- Add hot mixture to gelatine.
- Mix using whisk attachment on stand mixer and whisk until mixture reaches room temperature and triples in size. Add in vanilla and mix until soft peaks form.
- Pour mixture into pan and spread evenly.
- Allow to sit overnight or until marshmallows have dried out, up to 1-2 days.
- Once marshmallows have set, using cookie cutters, cut marshmallows into shapes or cut into squares using a knife.
- Melt chocolate chips over double broiler or in microwave.
- Dip marshmallows partially in chocolate and sprinkle crushed peppermint on top.
- Allow chocolate to set.
Enjoy your chocolate peppermint Mickey marshmallows!