Welcome to a special earthquake and hurricane Week in Review! Here on the east coast, there was some crazy weather (does an earthquake even qualify as “weather”?), so to take our minds off of all of that, let’s take a look at some of the great Disney news that you might have missed:
- Starting us off, you might have missed in all the D23 news that the Disney Store is celebrating it’s 25th anniversary with a grand celebration!
- DisneyToon Studios announce the other day that the movie “Planes” will be coming to a DVD or Blu-Ray player near you in Spring 2013. Check out the trailer!
- Did you see the new Walt and Mickey statue that is going to be placed at Disney’s California Adventure? It’s awesome!
- Congratulations goes out to Cirque du Soleil, which celebrated the 6,000th performance of La Nouba at Downtown Disney. Have you seen the performance?
- Did you know that John Lasseter was a Jungle Cruise skipper at Disneyland in 1977? I didn’t either, and ironically, when he was skipper, he didn’t get any photos of himself piloting the Jungle Cruise! So, out of all that, a contest is born. If you have a picture of him, you could win a trip to the premier of Cars Land!
- Chris reported to us earlier that you can now buy your Annual Passes at your resort! That is nice!
- Did you read about the new Fantasy Faire Experience coming to Disneyland Park?
- Our golf friends will want to hear about the new agreement that Arnold Palmer made with Disney to take over management of the Disney World golf courses. What do you think of that?
- Our writer’s Jessica and Patrick and DK were at D23, and one of the things that Jessica liked was being able to see The Lion King 3D before it hit theaters. You can only imagine how much that bothers Chip!
- Lastly, with school getting back in session, I thought we would take a look at going back to school in style with the cast of Disney’s Prom, which hits DVD and Blu-Ray tomorrow!
That’s our look at some of the news stories from last week, now let’s take a look at some of the incredible original articles that our writers produce each and every day! Enjoy!
- In her weekly “Wednesday With Walt” series, this week Brenda tells us how close Fess Parker came to giving up the acting profession completely. If it hadn’t been for the Davey Crockett role that he was cast for, the movie world would have never heard the name Fess Parker.
- In our Around the “Disney” World series, this week we were taking a closer look at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. I thought I would share with you my look at the part of Animal Kingdom dedicated to Asia.
- Lastly, Chris answered a question for a reader about dining options for diabetics. If this concerns you, check it out and learn all about the incredible ways that Disney brings the magic for everyone!
That’s all we have for you this week. I hope you have a terrific week, and remember to check out Chip & Company often for the latest in Disney News, Views, Giveaways, and more! Also, to keep up with the latest Disney news and views on the fly, check out the Chip & Company Facebook Page or follow Chip & Company via Twitter!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!