Welcome to the Chip and Company DisneyWeek In Review. There is a lot of news this week! Additionally, all of our outstanding writers have been sharing their views, so we’ll touch on a few of those at the end of our segment. But let’s get on to the news!
- The first thing on the minds of all of the Chip & Company writers, and likely the entire Disney family, is the devastating earthquake and tsunami that occurred in Japan. Here is an update on what is being done for those in need. Our thoughts and prayers continue to go out to those affected.
- Did you hear about Jack Black sending a High School band to Disneyland, on his tab? Our writer Jenn did, and you can read all about it here! By the way, thanks Jenn for choosing one of my photos for your story! I was so excited when I saw it there!
- In another sad news event, Disney lost one of it’s own when cast member Russell Sherry Roscoe passed away after being hurt in an accident on the Primeval Whirl, which was closed for refurbishment at the time. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Russell’s family, and the entire Disney family for their loss.
- In the “What’s on TV” category, Chip tells us about the new ABC Family Summer Lineup. Take a look, and see if there is something that you want to see this summer!
- If you have little people in your house, then you probably already know about Disney Junior! But did you hear about the guest stars that are going to be on “Special Agent Oso“? If not, go take a look, because there are some BIG NAMES!
- Disney is going to give away a special screening of their upcoming movie “Prom” in April. The contest closed on March 15th, so I hope you entered if you were interested! Good luck!
- Do you have an iPad? If so, take a look at the Disney Family Fun app that was developed for the iPad! As they say, “There’s an app for that!”
- Did you hear about “Newsies” hitting the stage in September? If not, you can read about it here!
- The things that Blu-Ray can do. It seems that the list keeps getting longer and longer, and now, there’s Disney’s Second Screen!
Now how about some views? This week we had a special segment, “The Magic behind the ‘Company’ – Getting to know” series. If you haven’t been able to read about our writers, please take the time. You’ll be able to get more insight on what makes us such Disney fanatics!
- Melissa wrote a great piece on the Hollywood Brown Derby over at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. I hope you enjoy the article, and the food!
- My friend Ken wrote a great piece in continuing his “Best Things I Love About Disney” series — The Pirates of the Caribbean!
- Lastly, Brenda continues her series “Wednesday with Walt” by taking a look at Fantasia in her piece, Music in Motion.
I hope that you have enjoyed this week’s recap of the news and views around Disney as seen through the eyes of Chip & Company! As always, please feel free to comment on what you see here, we love to hear what you have to say! Until next week, remember what my friend Ken always says, “Enjoy your visit to Walt Disney World!”