Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom parks are reopening this coming Saturday. Things won’t be exactly as they were before the parks closed, but there will still be some character experiences! Good Morning America received an exclusive interview with Disney, and here is what they shared.
Magic Kingdom Character Experiences:
- Mickey and Friends Cavalcade – Mickey and friends will travel the park’s parade route throughout the day. Guests will be invited to “get their ears on” and with Mickey.
- The Royal Princess Processional – Several times throughout the day the Disney princesses (Cinderella, Tiana, Belle, Jasmine, Snow White, and Rapunzel) will travel on a float through the streets of the Magic Kingdom following Princess Merida leading the way on her horse Angus.
- Fantasyland Friends – Gaston rides his horse followed by Winnie the Pooh, Mary Poppins, Aladdin, Wendy and Peter Pan.
- Winnie the Pooh Characters – you may see Piglet, Eeyore, and Rabbit onboard the trolley
- A Goofy Cavalcade – Goofy, Max, Clarabelle, Panchito, and Jose Carioca travel the streets of Magic Kingdom
- Tinker Bell – Our favorite fairy will ride upon her treasure chest float
- Cinderella’s Evil Stepsisters – These sisters may be spotted on the balcony of Cinderella Castle.
- Country Bears – Guests can see these classic bears on the balcony in Frontierland. Shaker & Wendell and then Big Al & LiverLips.
- Captain Jack Sparrow – The worst pirate we’ve ever heard of will appear on a small stage in Adventureland.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Character Experiences:
- Discovery River Character Cruise – Get a look at Timon and Rafiki or Pocahontas with Meeko sailing on the park’s waterways.
- Mickey and Friends Flotilla – Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto float along the waterways.
- Donald’s Dino Boat Bash! – Donald Duck, Launchpad McQuack, and Daisy Duck or Chip n Dale with Goofy travel on their boats from Dinoland USA to Discovery River.
- Discovery Island Drummers – The group will perform for guests as they travel along Discovery River.
Things may be different at the parks when they reopen, but there will still be magic! Will you be visiting the parks soon?
You can see Good Morning America’s interview here.
- One of the 50th anniversary Cinderella Castle decorations fall off - June 21, 2021
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs & Old Key West are next to receive updates - June 21, 2021
- Socially distanced Mulan returns to China Pavilion in Epcot - June 21, 2021