We are just one week away from St. Patrick’s Day, celebrate it by baking these adorable Mickey’s Shamrock Shorts Cookies!
Our favorite mouse is dressing for the occasion trading his iconic red shorts for green ones to celebrate this day. So join the celebration and surprise your family with this tasty treat that features green icing and white chocolate shamrock buttons. They will love it!
MICKEY’S SHAMROCK SHORTS COOKIES
- Batch of sugar cookie dough (homemade or store bought)
- Rolling pin
- Wax paper
- Kitchen knife
- Baking sheets
- Cooling rack
- Green cookie icing (the kind that hardens when it sets up)
- White chocolate chips
- Small mircrowavable mixing bowl
- Print and cut out the Mickey’s Shamrock Short Cookies template.
- Heat the oven. Working on a flour-dusted sheet of wax paper, roll out the chilled dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Use the template piece and a kitchen knife to cut Mickey short shapes from the dough.
- Bake the cookies according to the recipe directions and then let them cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt a small handful of white chocolate chips in the microwave according to the package directions. Spread the melted candy on wax paper and set it aside for a few minutes to harden. Once its ready, cut the candy into thin silvers to use for the shamrock stems, and set them aside for now.
- Working with one cookie at a time, spread the tips with green cookie icing. Before the icing sets, add two shamrock buttons. For each, press three white chocolate chips (tips down) into the icing, and add a tiny candy stem.
- Set the decorated cookies aside for the icing to harden (four hours or so) before serving.
Credit: Disney Family
- Surprise Your Ohana With A Stitch Smoothie Bowl! - May 6, 2021
- Magical Mickey Guacamole And Chips To Make At Home! - May 5, 2021
- Celebrate Star Wars Day With These Wookie Cookie Cups With Blue Milk! - May 4, 2021