Celebrate Soulfully at Disneyland Resort for Black Music Month
Throughout June 2023, Disneyland Resort is celebrating Black Music Month with a breadth of live musical entertainment, specialty menu items and more that honor Black heritage and culture. These limited-time offerings create a symphony for the senses and expand on the Celebrate Soulfully experiences guests can enjoy at the Disneyland Resort throughout the year.
Celebrate Soulfully aims to honor diversity through music, food and events, while elevating guests’ experiences in empowering and impactful ways.
Live music across the resort
Every day in June, Disneyland Resort will host a large variety of live performances and bands, covering genres and decades across the history of Black music.
At Disney California Adventure Park, guests are invited to dance along to lively summer concerts at the Hollywood Backlot Stage each evening. Three bands will rotate at this location throughout the month:
- Midnight Hour, a musical celebration of legendary 1960s hits such as The Supremes, Aretha Franklin, The Temptations and more (Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays)
- Finesse, an upbeat group covering popular tunes across the decades, from Bruno Mars to Stevie Wonder (Sundays and Mondays)
- The Rhythm & Blues Brothas, a dynamic group of singers brought together to share their passion, and love, for the classic sounds of R&B and Soul (Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
Beginning at 6:30 p.m. each evening in June at the Downtown Disney LIVE! Stage, guests can groove to live band performances, with different Black music genres highlighted throughout the week, including Jazz Fusion, Caribbean, Gospel, Pop, Mid-Century Jazz and more. The month’s lineup features 10 different musical groups, such as The Singers of Soul and Forward Motion Band. From 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. each Saturday in June, a DJ plays Hip-Hop songs in honor of the genre’s 50th anniversary in 2023.
Guests can relax and enjoy more live music at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, with five performances daily at the northside pool deck. Musical acts scheduled to perform are Island Reggae Duo, da-light and DJ Quami.
Limited-time menu items and experiences for Black Music Month
The Black Music Month entertainment is complemented by specialty menu items and limited-time experiences, offering a symphony for the senses.
WonderGround Gallery in the Downtown Disney District and Eudora’s Chic Boutique Featuring Tiana’s Gourmet Secrets in Disneyland Park will host artist signing events featuring Ryan Riller on June 10 and Larissa Marantz on June 17.
Near the Star Wars Trading Post, kids can create their own artwork with a craft inspired by iconic Black artists who have made monumental contributions to Black music. From 12 p.m. to 6 p.m., guests can color a vinyl record-shaped craft or contribute to the Celebrate Soulfully memory wall.
Food and beverage locations across the Disneyland Resort will serve specialty menu items in celebration of Black Music Month:
- All month long at the Downtown Disney District, Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen, Splitsville Luxury LanesFrom June 9 to July 4, the Black-owned food truck Happy Ice is serving refreshing, icy desserts outside the Star Wars Trading Post.
- Goofy’s Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel and Storytellers Café, GCH Craftsman Bar and Hearthstone Lounge at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel celebrate with special beverage selections for guests 21 or older.
- From June 1 to July 4, Award Wieners at Disney California Adventure Park is offering a BBQ hot link sandwich and strawberry cheesecake funnel cake fries a la mode, while the Studio Catering Co. is serving a shrimp po’ boy.
In New Orleans Square at Disneyland Park, guests can capture a unique photo memory with a limited-time Disney PhotoPass Magic Shot, available June 1 through July 31, featuring Princess Tiana from Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “The Princess and the Frog.”
Celebrate Soulfully year-round at Disneyland Resort
Beyond Black Music Month, guests can experience year-round and limited-time Celebrate Soulfully offerings at Disneyland Resort. Highlights include:
- For a limited time, Ariel from the all-new “The Little Mermaid” live-action story is making special appearances at Disneyland Park, along the promenade near “it’s a small world.”
- The Main Street Opera House at Disneyland Park presents a special tribute honoring the relationship between Frederick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln.
- Tale of the Lion King, a live stage production inspired by the cultural roots of this timeless story, performs on select days at the Fantasyland Theatre in Disneyland Park.
- At Avengers Campus in Disney California Adventure Park, guests may cross paths with Black Panther, or train with Black Panther’s loyal bodyguards in “The Warriors of Wakanda: The Disciplines of the Dora Milaje.”
Want to celebrate Black Music Month at the Disneyland Resort? Contact me today for a free vacation quote! I am a travel agent with Destinations to Travel, my services are complimentary, and I’d love to help you plan a magical vacation.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!