242 years ago our founding fathers laid the groundwork for our nation during the Revolutionary War by declaring their independence from Britain by signing the Declaration of Independence. Today we can discover the iconic landmarks and historic locations that helped forge America on the Adventures by Disney Philadelphia and Washington D.C. vacation. From Independence Hall to the battlefield at Gettysburg to the U.S. Capitol, you’ll walk in the footsteps of the men and women who fought for and shaped our great nation as you visit the extraordinary destinations on this fascinating adventure through history.
Let’s take a look at just a few of the things you can look forward to on this patriotic trip.
Hop onboard a privately guided trolley-on-wheels tour through the city. Stop along the way to explore some of the following landmarks:
- The Liberty Bell – Find out the story behind the Liberty Bell and how it grew in significance to become an enduring symbol of liberty
- The Betsy Ross House – Be greeted at the Betsy Ross House by a character playing the patriotic seamstress who created the American flag.
- Independence Hall – Imagine yourself as one of the nation’s founders when you and your family sign a facsimile of the Declaration of Independence at Independence Hall.
Depart on a day trip to Gettysburg where you will discover the city’s profound history with an expert National Park guide. Cross the famous battlefield, learn more about President Lincoln’s immortal speech and discover what life was like in the Civil War era.
Panoramic views of the nation’s capital await you in Washington D.C.
- Iwo Jima Monument – Discover details about the World War II battle at Iwo Jima in a privately guided visit to the 60-foot-tall United States Marine Corps War Memorial that depicts 6 Marines raising an American flag on top of Mount Suribachi.
- Arlington National Cemetery – Pay tribute to the brave members of America’s military who lived lives of “service to country” during a privately guided visit to this 624-acre cemetery. Surrounded by rolling hills and 100-year-old trees, it is the sacred resting place for over 400,000 veterans, active duty service members and their families. Visit the gravesite of President John F. Kennedy and other renowned public servants and heroes. Witness the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
Then that evening you’ll take a privately guided motor coach ride. You’ll be awestruck by Washington D.C. at night—with its spectacular national monuments and awe-inspiring statues dramatically bathed in light.
The next day you’ll enjoy touring the Capitol which begins with the magnificent Rotunda and Statuary Hall. Then, take the walkway, which starts at the Capitol Visitors Center and connects with the Library of Congress via a long subterranean tunnel.
As if that wasn’t enough, then you’ll enjoy a scenic boat ride down the Potomac River to Mount Vernon, George Washington’s beloved Virginia home. The estate has 500 acres of sprawling farms, vibrant gardens, galleries, theaters and, of course, Washington’s mansion residence. There is no better place to dive into the history and wonder of 18th-century life.
This Fourth of July, celebrate the spirit of America by saving your spot on the Adventures by Disney Philadelphia and Washington D.C. vacation.
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? Click Here for your FREE No Obligation Quote (or fill out the form below) from a Certified Disney Travel Specialist from MickeyTravels, the official travel partner for Chip and Company.
Contact me today to start planning your magical Disney vacation. As an agent with MickeyTravels (designated with Platinum Earmarked status by Disney), my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! And did I mention that my services are FREE? Find me on Facebook or feel free to email me with any Disney vacation questions at SPhillips@mickeytravels.com
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.