Celebrate 100 Years of the Packard Building at Anaheim Packing District!
The Anaheim Packing District is celebrating the 100th anniversary of the grand opening of the Packard Building tomorrow Saturday, September 9. Guests can enjoy a full day of vintage-inspired festivities from 11 am to 9 pm.
Here are some of the exciting highlights of the event:
- Classic Car Show: Farmers Park will come alive from 11 am to 3 pm with a stunning display of Packard and 1928-1931 Model-A Ford Club cars. Car enthusiasts and history buffs alike will be treated to a unique experience.
- Live Jazz Music: Throughout the day, from 11 am to 9 pm, guests will be treated to the melodies of four incredible jazz bands, including Jazzie Flom Trio, Big Butter Jazz, Jazz Conspiracy, and General Area Jazz.
- Historical Tours: Guests can participate in guided tours led by the Anaheim Historical Society. These tours will explore the historical properties of the Packing District, including the Packard Building, Anaheim Packing House, and the MAKE Building, between 3:30 pm and 6:30 pm.
- Culinary Delights: “En Familia,” a chef-driven restaurant and craft bar inspired by Valle de Guadalupe, will be opening its doors at the Packard Building. Monkish Brewing Company will be rewarding guests who guess their speakeasy-style code word with special beer pour offers.
- Prohibition-Style Elixirs: For those embracing the 1920s theme, Hammer Bar and BXCR Bar at Anaheim Packing House will offer prohibition-style elixirs at special $10 pricing.
- Art Drawing: Art and car enthusiasts will have the chance to win an original acrylic work on canvas of the Packard Building, created by Chris Bennett, the Packing District’s Director of Development. The proceeds from this drawing will benefit the Anaheim Historical Society.
This event is part of the “Doors Open California” initiative by the California Preservation Foundation, celebrating historic places throughout the state. Come dressed in 1920’s attire and celebrate this cultural milestone!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!