For more than 2 years the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has urged travelers to avoid cruising. Now, the CDC has dropped its Covid warnings for cruising.
Since the pandemic started in 2020, health officials have warned against traveling on a cruise. With where we are in the pandemic right now and cases declining, the CDC has updated its recommendations for cruising.
Related – CDC Extends Mask Mandate through April 18th for public transportation
This doesn’t mean there are no risks when sailing. Here are the recommendations from the CDC for those choosing to take a cruise.
- Make sure you are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines before cruise ship travel.
- If you are immunocompromised or at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19, even if you are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines, talk to your healthcare provider about what additional precautions may be needed before, during, and after travel.
- The virus that causes COVID-19 spreads easily between people in close quarters on board ships. If the virus is spreading on board a cruise ship, passengers and crew are at risk for infection, even if they are up to date with their COVID-19 vaccines.
- Check your cruise ship’s color and vaccination status classification before traveling. Be aware that the ship’s status could change over time and may be different by the time of your cruise.
- Get a COVID-19 viral test as close to time of cruise departure as possible (no more than 3 days) before you travel.
- Get a COVID-19 viral test 3-5 days after your cruise, regardless of your COVID-19 vaccination status.
Related – Disney Cruise Line Relaxing Youth Activity Restrictions
You should also become familiar with each cruise line’s health and safety policies as well as their requirements for guests.
If you are ready to return to cruising, contact me today! I am a travel agent with Destinations to Travel and my services are complimentary.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!