Everyone loves ice cream right? Add a touch of butterbeer to it and it automatically becomes magical!
If you have ever been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort or Universal Studios Hollywood, you must have seen this delicious treat. If you haven’t try it yet, you definitely should on your next visit, it’s yummy!
If you can’t wait until your next visit, don’t worry! You can now make some Butterbeer Ice Cream at home with this recipe from Epicurious:
BUTTERBEER ICE CREAM
For the ice cream base
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of water
- 6 tbsp of butter
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp of rum extract
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar and water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook, stirring often, until the mixture reads 240F on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in butter, salt, vinegar, and 1/4 heavy cream.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature. Once the mixture has cooled, stir in the rum extract.
- Now prepare the ice cream base: Whisk the two eggs in a separate bowl about two minutes, then add the sugar somewhat slowly.
- Add the milk and cream and make sure everything is combined.
- Freeze according to your ice cream maker instructions, then after about half an hour or when it is mostly solid, pour the butterbeer syrup into the mix and let it fold in.
- After it’s pretty solid, it’s ready to eat or be stored.
Photo credit: Universal Studios Orlando
- Surprise Mom With A Tonga Toast Breakfast This Mother’s Day! - May 8, 2021
- Apple Crumble Tarts Recipe From Epcot Food & Wine Festival! - May 7, 2021
- Surprise Your Ohana With A Stitch Smoothie Bowl! - May 6, 2021