Put a touch of magic to the classic butter cookies with this recipe from Hong Kong Disneyland!
You can have a fun day baking and decorating cookies with your family! Put your own twist to them and create holiday or Disney cookies! They will be delicious for sure.
- 2/3 cups (150 grams) of butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups (150 grams) of powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 cups (150 grams) of cake flour
- 1/8 tsp (.1 gram) of salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) of ice water
- 3 cups (160 grams) of powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) of pasteurized liquid egg whites
- Combine butter and powdered sugar in bowl of electric mixer and cream until fluffy. Add in yolks, one at a time, until incorporated.
- Add cake flour and salt and mix until dough is crumbly. Then add ice water and mix on low speed until soft dough forms.
- Roll into a ball and flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F (170C) and line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Roll dough into a 1/4 inch (.5 cm) thick rectangle on floured surface.
- Cut into your favorite holiday or Disney shapes using 3 inch (7.6 cm) cookie cutters.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until edges of cookies begin to brown.
- Cool on wire racks for at least 30 minutes before icing.
- Combine powdered sugar and egg whites in large bowl. Separate into smaller bowls and tint to desired colors using gel coloring.
- Decorate cookies as desired. Allow icing to harden for 15 minutes.
Now enjoy and relax while you watch your favorite movie or show on Disney Plus!
Credit: Disney Parks Blog
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Pumpkin Cranberry Scones From Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort To Make At Home! - September 5, 2021
- Adorable Winnie The Pooh Pumpkin Bites To Make This Fall! - September 4, 2021
- These Spooky Oogie Boogie Jello Shots Are The Perfect Boozy Treat! - September 3, 2021