Put a touch of magic to the classic butter cookies with this recipe from Hong Kong Disneyland!
You can have a fun day baking and decorating cookies with your family! Put your own twist to them and create holiday or Disney cookies! They will be delicious for sure.
- 2/3 cups (150 grams) of butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups (150 grams) of powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 cups (150 grams) of cake flour
- 1/8 tsp (.1 gram) of salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) of ice water
- 3 cups (160 grams) of powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) of pasteurized liquid egg whites
- Combine butter and powdered sugar in bowl of electric mixer and cream until fluffy. Add in yolks, one at a time, until incorporated.
- Add cake flour and salt and mix until dough is crumbly. Then add ice water and mix on low speed until soft dough forms.
- Roll into a ball and flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F (170C) and line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Roll dough into a 1/4 inch (.5 cm) thick rectangle on floured surface.
- Cut into your favorite holiday or Disney shapes using 3 inch (7.6 cm) cookie cutters.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until edges of cookies begin to brown.
- Cool on wire racks for at least 30 minutes before icing.
- Combine powdered sugar and egg whites in large bowl. Separate into smaller bowls and tint to desired colors using gel coloring.
- Decorate cookies as desired. Allow icing to harden for 15 minutes.
Now enjoy and relax while you watch your favorite movie or show on Disney Plus!
Credit: Disney Parks Blog
- Your Poor Unfortunate Soul Will Love This Ursula Cocktail! - June 19, 2021
- Come To The Dark Side And Enjoy A Vader-Ade Cocktail! - June 18, 2021
- Snow White Red Apple Crispy Treats To Make At Home! - June 17, 2021