British Father dies on Family Holiday at Disney World from Fentanyl Overdose
Philip Weybourne, 40, of West Malling was on Holiday at Disney World with his family. On the day of the incident, the family visited Disney Springs enjoyed some shopping, dined at The Boathouse, and even took a ride on the vintage amphibious cars.
In a statement read at the hearing, his wife Dorlyn Weybourne said:
“It was just going to be a relaxing day, we booked a meal at the Boat House, a seafood restaurant at Disney Springs which is also home to tours in vintage amphibious automobiles.
“My son and I had been shopping and met with Philip at 1 pm at the Boat House.
“We had the best lunch, we drank champagne like we did when we lived in Dubai.
“Afterwards we went on an amphibious car ride and to end our day we headed back to the hotel at about 5.30 pm.”
Related – 83-year-old Guest at Disney World died after riding the PeopleMover in the Magic Kingdom
According to the report the family returned to the Yacht Club Resort, Philip the director of an international IT company wanted to enjoy a few more drinks at the Yacht Club bar. His wife and son headed back to the room to rest after the relaxing day.
Two hours later Mrs. Weybourne heard a knock at her hotel room door and she was told that her husband had been taken in an ambulance to Celebration hospital. Mrs. Weybourne asked them if it was heat stroke or a heart attack.
‘When I got to the hospital I didn’t see my husband. I just remember the doctor telling me his time of death, 8:06 pm.’ The doctors told Mrs. Weybourne that her husband had died from cardiac arrest.
Related – The Widow of 83-Year-Old Man Who Died After Riding PeopleMover Speaks Out
After the autopsy, the Toxicology report revealed that he had fatal levels of fentanyl a synthetic opioid used as a pain medication in his system. Fentanyl is much more potent than heroin, and very small amounts can cause severe clinical effects or death.
Assistant coroner Catherine Wood said: “This must have been very difficult and distressing for Mr Weybourne’s family. “I don’t know the circumstances that led up to his death as Mr Weybourne died in another country.
‘He had no underlying health issues and I am content, after the findings of the autopsy, that his death was caused by fatal levels of fentanyl, a synthetic opioid used as a pain medication.
“I offer my sincere condolences to Mr. Weybourne’s family.
The Weybourne family did not wish to comment further on Philip’s death, saying at the inquest: “We spoke about Philip’s life at his funeral. It is time for closure.”
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!