The Biggest Loser host Alison Sweeney headlines a list of celebrities who will be a part of the 20th anniversary Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna.
Sweeney, an aspiring author (she has two books coming out in the next couple of years) and well-known for her role on Days of Our Lives in addition to The Biggest Loser, is entered in the Disney half marathon during the Disney Marathon Weekend, Jan. 10-13, 2013 at Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando.
Sweeney is an avid runner who has competed in various marathons and half marathons around the country, however the Disney half marathon will be her first runDisney event. Sweeney is expected to attend the race along with her husband and two children.
“With all of the cool new elements that will be part of this special 20th anniversary Disney marathon weekend, this seemed like the race to run in 2013,” said Sweeney. “We’re going to make it a family trip so my husband and kids can share in this fun experience.”
Sweeney is expected to be among several celebrities and international running stars who participate in the historic Disney Marathon Weekend that will offer several new features:
- Enhanced entertainment at Mile 20 to celebrate the 20th anniversary
- A specially-designed 20th anniversary Mickey Mouse medal
- New course routes through the Walt Disney World Speedway and the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- A new post-race party at Downtown Disney
The Disney Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna will again feature Kids’ Races throughout the weekend, including the Mickey Mile, as well as a Family Fun Run 5K on Friday, the Half Marathon on Saturday and the Marathon on Sunday. There is also Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge which involves running the half marathon and the full marathon – a total of 39.3 miles. The Health and Fitness Expo runs throughout the weekend at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and features the latest in running technology and fashion, as well as renowned running experts such as Jeff Galloway, the official training consultant for runDIsney.
Runners can register for the race and get more information at www.rundisney.com.
- Registration Now Open for Disney’s Princess Half Marathon (chipandco.com)
- Disney Marathon, Half Marathon and Goofy Challenge Jan. 12-13, 2013 Become Part of Runner’s World Challenge (chipandco.com)
- NEW Pina Colada Cheesecake at Amorette’s Patisserie - June 19, 2021
- Haunted Mansion Stretching Room is back in operation! - June 19, 2021
- Living with the Land Dividers have been removed! - June 18, 2021