‘Avengers: Endgame’ Is Breaking Record After Record at the Box Office. It has never been better to be a fan of Marvel Comics and the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
The newest Marvel Studios film, Avengers: Endgame, is a cultivation of 22 films, combining more stories and characters than has ever been done before. With that being said, it comes as no surprise that Avengers: Endgame is owning box office records and could, potentially, become the highest grossing film of all time. (With inflation taken into account, the current top grossing film of all time is Avatar (2009) with what is equivalent to $2.79 Billion in total sales.)
Though it may be some time before that record gets broken, take a peek at some of the records Avengers: Endgame has ALREADY beaten having only been in public theaters domestically for 2 days (Thursday and Friday):
- Official 1st and 2nd Trailers: Beat most-viewed trailers in history in the first 24 hours after release
- Scored the second highest score for MCU films from Rotten Tomatoes with a 96% certified fresh rating (1st place in the MCU is held by Black Panther with a 97%, it is also the 9th MCU film to be scored over 90%)
- Endgame had all time high ticket sales for preview/first night world-wide in:
- China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, The Philippines, Korea, United Kingdom, Brazil, Egypt, Panama, Peru, Columbia, Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Paraguay, Trinidad, and Uruguay
- Endgame broke the all time preview/opening night records world-wide in:
- Indonesia, Malaysia, Netherlands, Greece, Portugal, Bosnia/Herz, Czech Republic, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey, and Ukraine.
- Leads in all markets in China with sales reportedly passing $154 million in just 2 days (the earnings were at $107.2 million after the first night which broke the record in China!)
- Set the opening day record in 38 markets world-wide, including:
- China, France, Germany, Taiwan, Brazil, and Argentina
- Domestically, Endgame HULK SMASHED the previous record for preview night (Thursday night) sales in the box office with a whopping $60 Million in ticket sales
- Avengers: Endgame is currently sitting at $305 Million world-wide in the first two nights alone
Needless to say, Avengers: Endgame has set the bar extremely high for the rest of the Marvel films to come, and will be a tough contender as time progresses for a top grossing film in the future.
Without spoiling, I must say while attending an early preview night showing, I laughed, I cried, it was everything I could hope for as a fan, and will easily sit in my top 5 favorite Marvel Cinematic Universe films for a long, long time. (My personal favorite is still Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but Avengers: Endgame is a very, VERY close second place) What are your favorite MCU films? If you have seen Endgame already, did it surpass your previous favorite film?
If you are a fan of the Marvel franchise and haven’t seen the film yet, be sure to go see Avengers: Endgame this weekend to help boost the numbers, and remember #DontSpoilTheEndgame
Photo Credit: Marvel Studios
Are you ready to start planning your next adventure? I would love to help you! I am a travel planner with Key to the World Travel, the Official Travel Partner of Chip & Company. Key to the World Travel is an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. I specialize in Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures By Disney, or Universal Orlando Resort Vacations. I also can book your stay with Sandals or Beaches Resort, Norwegian Cruise Line, and many more fantastic Vacation Destinations. I can help you make your dream vacation come true! You can call or text me at 904-806-3759 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to follow me on Facebook or fill out the form below as well. My planning services are FREE with booking! Yes, really FREE!
This site contains affiliate links to products on Etsy, ShopDisney and Amazon. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Phoebe Waller-Bridge Joins the Cast of ‘Indiana Jones 5’ - April 11, 2021
- ‘Captain Marvel 2’ Will Begin Filming This May - April 11, 2021
- Sony Moves Up the Premiere Date for ‘Hotel Transylvania: Transformania’ - April 11, 2021