Avatar Sequels Get New Release Dates Due to Production Delays. It’s official, the Avatar sequels have been delayed once again. The premiere dates have been forced back due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Recently, New Zealand approved the resumption of filming for various film studios including the studio housing the filming for the Avatar sequels which are being film simultaneously in an unprecedented manor that is rather unheard of in the film industry.
Director James Cameron has confirmed they have finished filming for Avatar 2 and are currently working on filming for Avatar 3-5. Despite production on set being shut down, many VFX artists were still hard at work on the films, but the studio has decided to postpone the release of the sequels to make room for titles that were meant to premiere earlier, but also were delayed in production. Currently, the untitled Spider-Man 3 from Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios has occupied the original release date slot for Avatar 2, December 17, 2021.
The new release dates for the Avatar sequels are:
- ‘AVATAR 2’ – December, 16th, 2022
- ‘AVATAR 3’ – December 20th, 2024
- ‘AVATAR 4’ – December 18th, 2026
- ‘AVATAR 5’ – December 22th, 2028
Be sure to check back here at Chip and Co. for updates and all things Avatar!
Featured Photo Credit: Fox/Disney
- Disney Chairman Bob Iger to Receive Clio Award - April 16, 2021
- Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige Shares ‘Loki’ Disney+ Series is a Crime Thriller - April 16, 2021
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Helps Open NYC Times Square Vaccination Site - April 16, 2021