Today’s Ask a Disney Question comes to us from Kmberly she asks:
We are planning on visiting WDW during the week of Thanksgiving. What are the options for finding a more traditional Thanksgiving meal?
Hi Kimberly! Many people don’t associate anything but the Giant Smoked Turkey LEG with Disney dining options, but there are actually quite a few options for restaurants to Give Thanks with your family in over some gobbler and steaming hot carbohydrates. Here are my top three suggestions:
1. Liberty Tree Tavern, Magic Kingdom – Liberty Tree Tavern honestly has some of the best food I’ve ever eaten while at WDW. For lunch or dinner you can enjoy an entire Pilgrim’s Feast which includes traditional roast turkey and herb bread dressing, mashed potatoes and a garden vegetable at lunch or at dinner try the the All You Can Eat Family Style meal that has Tossed mixed Greens with Strawberry vinaigrette dressing Roasted Turkey Breast, Carved Beef and Pork Brisket with Mashed Potatoes, seasonal vegetables, herb bread stuffing and Mac and cheese and an apple crisp with Ice cream. It would be my number one pick if you can still get a table.
2. California Grille, Contemporary Resort – For a “high end” Thanksgiving meal consider going to California Grille on the top of the Contemporary. You can find cast-iron veal tenderloin, Grilled pork Tenderloin, or Oak-fired filet of beef <MY FAVORITE>.
3. Whispering Canyon Cafe, Wilderness Lodge Resort – While Whispering Canyon doesn’t have turkey it has many of the “traditional sides” that accompany Thanksgiving meals and a “down home” feel. Its a little more “chuck wagon” than it is “silver goblets and ironed tablecloths, but it is fun and the food absolutely tastes “home cooked”
Each year Disney World announces which restaurants will serve “Thanksgiving style” meals who may not normally serve those more traditional foods. I expect this year will be similar to last year. The below is who served Thanksgiving meals in 2010.
- MK: Liberty Tree Tavern (Lunch and Dinner) & Tony’s Town Square (L & D)
- EPCOT: Biergarten (L&D), Coral Reef (L&D), Garden Grill (D), La Cellier Steakhouse (L&D), Rose and Crown Pub (L&D)
- Hollywood Studios: Brown Derby (L&D), Hollywood and Vine (L&D), 50’s Prime Time Cafe (L&D)
- AK: Tusker House (L&D)
- AK-Lodge: Boma (D), Jiko (D), Sanaa (L&D)
- Beach Club: Cape May (D)
- Boardwalk: Flying Fish (D), Kouzinna (D)
- Caribbean Beach: Shutters (D)
- Contemporary: Californian Grill (D), Chef Mickey (D), The Wave (L&D)
- Ft. Wilderness : Trails End (L&D)
- Grand Floridian: Citricos (D), Grand Floridian ( L&D), Narcoosee’s (D)
- Key West: Olivia’s (L&D)
- Wilderness Lodge: Artist Point (D), Whispering Canyon (L &D)
- Yacht Club: Captains Grille (L&D), Yachtsman (D)
- Fulton Crab House (L&D), Planet Hollywood (L&D), Portobello (L&D), Ragland Road (L&D), Wolfgang Puck (D)
Make sure you book ASAP!! Thanks for reading! Have a super happy Turkey Day!!
Kristin, The Disney Diva
- Ask a Disney Question – Honeymoon at Walt Disney World (chipandco.com)
- Ask a Disney Question: Visiting WDW the First Two Weeks in November. (chipandco.com)