The 20-plus city search for the next American Idol kicked of this past Saturday at the Walt Disney World Resort. The hit ABC show is hitting the road again this fall to search for Idol hopefuls.
The first stop for the Idol Bus was Idol Bus at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort. There, Season 1 winner, Maddie Poppe, along with runner up Caleb Lee Hutchinson and finalist Catie Turner kicked off the new season. The trio then took the time to enjoy Magic Kingdom Park and visit with fans.
Check it out here:
Here are all the stops planned for this season of auditions:
- Chattanooga, TN – August 28
- Scottsdale, AZ – August 28
- Charlotte, NC – August 31
- Albuquerque, NM – August 31
- Seattle, WA – August 31
- Boise, ID – September 2
- Richmond, VA – September 3
- Plano, TX – September 3
- Houston, TX – September 4
- Austin, TX – September 6
- Philadelphia, PA – September 6
- Oklahoma City, OK – September 6
- Buffalo, NY – September 9
- Kansas City, MO – September 9
- Shreveport, LA – September 9
- Columbus, OH – September 12
- Little Rock, AR – September 12
- Denver, CO – September 14
- Charleston, WV – September 15
- Atlanta, GA – September 20
A few more things to note:
All singers must be at least 15 years old to audition. Pre-registration is encouraged. To pre-register and for additional details, full eligibility requirements, submission forms, and terms and conditions, visit www.americanidol.com/auditions. If you’re auditioning, you can bring one guest to accompany you, and the guest must be over 5 years old.
In addition to appearing in person, hopefuls can submit audition videos online via www.americanidol.com/auditions or by showing off their talents via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Musical.ly using the hashtag #TheNextIdol.
“American Idol” returns for its second season on ABC for the 2018-2019 season with all-star judges Luke Bryan, Katy Perry and Lionel Richie. Emmy-winning producer Ryan Seacrest will also return as host.
Source and Photo Credit: Disney Parks Blog