Colombia is a new destination for Adventures By Disney
Beginning in 2024, Encanto fans can experience sights and sounds from the hit movie in an all-new way. Colombia, the country that provided the inspiration for the film, is being added to the list of Adventures By Disney destinations, along with Canadian provinces Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, and New Zealand.
Adventures By Disney, the renowned provider of immersive guided tours, has once again expanded its portfolio of captivating destinations. Among its newest offerings is the enchanting country of Colombia. With its vibrant culture, rich history, stunning landscapes, and warm hospitality, Colombia is a perfect addition to the Adventures By Disney portfolio.
Activities incorporated new Colombia itinerary include:
- Making arepas
- Touring a Colombian coffee farm in the Coffee Region
- Learning about the conservation of cotton-top tamarins on a trek through the dry forest near Proyecto Titi
- Privately guided tours in Bogota
- Snorkeling among the Rosario Islands, a collection of 27 islands home to more than 1,300 species of marine animals, vibrantly colored fish and plants.
Filmmakers Byron Howard and Jared Bush traveled to Colombia in 2018 to research Encanto. They remarked about their trip “Colombia is a crossroads of Latin America, and what we learned about family, tradition, music, food and dance were central to the development of the film. Our hope was always that ‘Encanto’ could celebrate just some of the many different people and cultures we experienced in Colombia – we are thrilled and touched that so many people have felt seen by the Madrigals’ story and now have this opportunity to experience its magic for themselves.”
Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island
Adventures By Disney has also set its sights on the captivating Canadian provinces of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With their picturesque landscapes, rich history, and unique maritime culture, these provinces offer an enchanting adventure for families and explorers alike.
The Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island itinerary focuses on outdoor activities and cultural immersion. Highlights of the trip include:
- Touring an authentic maple syrup farm.
- Exploring the outdoors at amazing locations such as the 150-year-old Wood Island Lighthouse, enjoying an onboard fisherman’s feast, riding horses, biking, canoeing and kayaking.
- Enjoying tea with a descendant of author Lucy Maud Montgomery’s family at the Anne of Green Gables Museum.
- Visiting the Millbrook Cultural Heritage Centre.
New Zealand has also been added to Adventures By Disney’s offerings. Known for its awe-inspiring natural beauty, diverse terrain, and vibrant culture, New Zealand promises an unforgettable adventure for travelers of all ages.
The New Zealand trip includes:
- Participating in the exciting America’s Cup Experience in Auckland, the “City of Sails.”
- Sharing an authentic Hangi dinner with a local family
- Marveling at thousands of glow worms illuminating an underground cave among limestone formations.
- Touring the National Kiwi Hatchery
- Gazing at the dramatic geysers that dot the landscape at Te Puia Geothermal Park.
- Traveling via the TranzAlpine Train upwards into the Southern Alps.
Bookings for these new destinations will open to the public on May 12, 2023.
Ready to book your next magical vacation, but don’t know where to start? Want to enjoy a Walt Disney World vacation without the stress of planning, booking, and tracking trip changes and promotions? Contact me today! As an agent with Destinations To Travel who specializes in Disney destinations, I can help you stress less and enjoy your vacation more! The best part? My services are provided at NO ADDITIONAL COST when you book your Disney vacation package through me!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!