This Mickey Pumpkin Whoopie Pie is the perfect combination of fall flavors and Halloween!
Start to get into the fall season with this delicious treat inspired by the giant Mickey pumpkin you can find at Disneyland! This recipe adds some magic to the regular whoopie pies you already love, plus everything is better Mickey shaped right?
Learn how you can make it at home by following this recipe from Disney Family and surprise your friends with some delicious treats!
MICKEY PUMPKIN WHOOPIE PIE
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup of cooked pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Cream cheese frosting (homemade or store bought)
- Pastry bag with 3/4 inch or so opening
- Baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- Cooling rack
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer
- Wooden spoon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt.
- In a second mixing bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar together until creamy.
- Beat in the egg, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the pastry bag.
- For the Mickey faces, pipe 2.5 inch blobs or batter on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, spacing them evenly apart. Remember, you need two for each whoopie pie. Use a clean fingertip to gently flatten the blobs into uniform circles.
- Pipe small ear blobs at the top of each batter face, keeping them as close in size as possible. Again, use a wet fingertip to flatten them.
- Bake the Mickey pumpkin whoopie pies until they spring back when you press down on the center (about 8-10 minutes).
- Let them cool on the baking sheet slightly before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spoon cream cheese frosting into a pastry bag.
- Pair up the baked pumpkin cakes, matching the shapes and sizes as best you can.
- Working with one pair at a time, turn one of the cakes face down and pipe moderate mounds of frosting on the face and ears.
- Top the frosted cake with its match and gently press down to spread the filling and hold the Mickey pumpkin whoopie pie together.
- Store leftover Mickey Pumpkin Whoopie Pies in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Credit: Disney Family
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Adorable Mickey Toast To Add Some Magic To Your Mornings! - October 15, 2021
- Colorful Mickey Shaped Pretzels To Bake At Home! - October 14, 2021
- Discover A Whole New World With This Magic Carpet Passport Cover DIY - October 13, 2021