- Location, location, location – With their on-property location convenient to the theme parks, the Disney hotels are a haven for guests who seek a midday swimming break – or a siesta. For some guests, the convenience is even more specific…
- Many families with young children select accommodations in one of the “monorail resorts” – Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Polynesian Resort or Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Reason: location near Magic Kingdom and convenient monorail transportation between the resorts and Magic Kingdom or Epcot.
- Many adult couples visiting without children enjoy the proximity to Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios of Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk – as well as the nightlife of Disney’s BoardWalk. Walkways and water taxis connect the three resorts with the theme parks.
- Theming – It’s not just a room. In the same way that Disney’s theme parks offer an escape to a timeless land of enchantment, a walk down small-town Main Street or a peek at the future, Disney hotels offer a mix of adventures. Disney Imagineers have created detailed, themed environments that include the romance and beauty of Africa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge to Victorian opulence at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
- Youth policy – Guests 17 and under stay at no additional charge in parents’ rooms (up to the designated capacity of the room) at Disney resort hotels.
- Youth services and facilities – All Disney resort hotels offer in-room child care for ages 6 months to 12 years in partnership with independent childcare provider Kid’s Nite Out; all Disney hotels feature kiddie pools (in addition to full-size pools), many have playgrounds and some have Child Activity Centers for ages 4 to 12.
- Online check-in – Guests can take care of the paperwork that normally accompanies check-in … in the comfort of their home up to 10 days before their visit. Upon arrival at their hotel, guests then stop by a special desk, show ID, sign, pick up their room keys and information packet, and begin enjoying their vacation.
- Lobby concierge– One call can do it all. Each Disney resort hotel offers a lobby concierge to arrange park tickets, dining reservations and tee times, and to provide helpful hints on setting up other activities.
- Key to the World card – It’s a hotel room key and much more. Magic Your Way theme park tickets and Disney Dining Plan entitlements can be built into the card. For easy tracking and convenience, the card also can be used to charge meals, goods and services directly to the room, giving the guest a consolidated statement of vacation purchases.
- Merchandise delivery – Purchases at select shops throughout Walt Disney World Resort can be delivered to the guest’s Disney hotel at no charge, allowing the guest to play without lugging packages around the parks.
Exemption from parking fees at the theme parks – By presenting a resort ID, guests enter parking lots for free no matter how many parks they visit during their stay.
- “Bottomless” drinking mug – Quenching a vacation-long thirst is easy at Disney’s resorts. Guests can purchase a mug themed to their resort that will become a keepsake when the holiday ends. During their length of stay, they can continually refill the mug at designated locations at their resort.
- Preferred tee times– Disney hotel guests get preferred tee times for Disney’s four championship golf courses – including two courses that are part of PGA TOUR tradition, having hosted professional events from the early 1970s to the present.
- Transportation to “the tees” – Golfing guests at Disney owned-and-operated hotels share complimentary door-to-door transportation between their resort and Walt Disney World golf facilities.
- Top 4 Benefits for Staying at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel (chipandco.com)
- Disney Travel 101 – Parking at Walt Disney World (examiner.com)
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Latest posts by Chip (see all)
- Radio Disney Shutting Down With New Restructuring Plan - December 3, 2020
- Walt Disney World and Lucasfilm to Celebrate 50TH Anniversary in 2021 - December 3, 2020
- AP Discount on Epcot Holiday Kitchen Food and Non- Alcoholic Beverages After 7pm - December 3, 2020