Actress Hilary Duff was on hand this week to kick off the Disney store and shopDisney Toys for Tots holiday campaign to help less fortunate children have a happy holiday season. As part of the “25 Days of Christmas” celebration on Disney|ABC Television, for every new, unwrapped toy donated at a Disney store in the U.S. or online through shopDisney.com, Disney store | shopDisney will donate $5 to Toys for Tots, up to $1 million. The campaign runs from today through December 15, 2018.
Additionally, beginning December 1 through December 25 in the DisneyNOW app, if a user plays a mini-game on the “25 Days of Christmas” activity page, their gameplay will “unwrap” one gift. Once 500,000 digital gifts have been “unwrapped,” Disney will make a $25,000 donation to Toys for Tots.
There are many ways to celebrate the holiday season across the Disney family:
- Disney store and shopDisney carry the best assortment of Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel products for fans of all ages across fashion, accessories, toys, home and more. To add to the magic of the season, guests can visit their local Disney store every night at 7 p.m. from now through December 23 to participate in Disney store Holiday Wishes for a magically fun event where Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will appear on the screen to help make Holiday wishes.
- The annual “25 Days of Christmas” event is being celebrated across Disney|ABC Television with holiday-themed programming airing across ABC, Freeform, Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD throughout the month of December leading up to Christmas Day. PSAs related to the Toys for Tots #25TonsToyDrive will air across all networks, as well as on DisneyNOW and Radio Disney, throughout the campaign.
For more information about Toys for Tots, go to www.toysfortots.org
Latest posts by Chip (see all)
- Hasbro takes the NYC Toy Fair by storm with Disney Princesses, Frozen, Marvel and More! - February 18, 2019
- Pop Sockets go Disney at the New York City Toy Fair - February 17, 2019
- New Disney Merchandise from Seven20 - February 16, 2019