Frontera Cocina by Rick Bayless at Disney Springs has some of the best Mexican food around and a lively atmosphere. Not only does Chef Rick Bayless serve up some amazing Mexican dishes, he is the eight-time winner of the James Beard Foundation Award.
Disney Parks Blog caught up with Chef Rick at the restaurant, that recently debuted its Taste of Baja menu, which features five new items including Spicy Ahi Tuna Tostadas.
Check out the video for the recipe!
Recipe: Spicy Ahi Tuna Tostadas
Makes 6 tostadas
- ¼ cup good-quality mayonnaise
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon (or more) pure powdered chipotle chile
- 2 to 3 tablespoons finely grated ginger
- ¾ pound sashimi-quality ahi (yellowfin) tuna fillet
- ½ medium seedless cucumber
- ½ large Honeycrisp apple, cored
- The juice of a large lime
- 6 tostadas (crisp-fried corn tortillas)
- Flaked sea salt for garnish
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
In a blender or food processor, combine the mayonnaise and single canned chile. Pulse to combine, then process until thoroughly blended.
In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, powdered chipotle and ginger.
With a sharp knife, cut the tuna into small dice—I like ¼-inch cubes—and scoop into a bowl. Finely dice the cucumber and the apple to the same size as tuna. Combine with the olive oil mixture and season with salt, usually about a generous ½ teaspoon. Refrigerate for about ½ hour for the flavors to mingle.
Just before serving, stir the lime juice into the tuna mixture and taste. Adjust with more lime and salt if you think necessary. Smear a portion of the mayonnaise on each tostada, pile on a portion of the tuna mixture, sprinkle with flaked salt and decorate with cilantro leaves.
This contemporary culinary experience is sure to please friends, family and food lovers alike.
To make a reservation, you can book online or by calling (407) 560-9197. Large groups and buyout options are available. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
There are still fantastic 2018 packages available. Send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with me as your Authorized Disney Vacation Planner!
Are you ready to start planning your magical Disney vacation? As an agent with MickeyTravels, (designated with Platinum Earmarked status by Disney), I’ll be available to help with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Get in touch at 843-288-1130, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook. Or fill out and submit the form below.
Latest posts by Whitney Littlejohn (see all)
- Four More Disneyland Resort Restaurants Participate in Mobile Ordering - September 26, 2018
- Is PizzeRizzo Going to Seasonal Hours? - September 26, 2018
- Halloween Fun at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa - September 26, 2018