WDW natives know how much work a Walt Disney World vacation is, there’s the initial planning (where do we stay? Can we really afford a deluxe?) How much are we going to eat (ooooh that dining plan is SO yummy!) What is my ADR date (I MUST stay up till midnight to get my first choice restaurants!), when are the park hours going to be posted, I need to know my extra magical hours! These are just a few of the issues to consider when planning a WDW trip.
It’s easy to be in a frazzled frenzy before your trip even starts, and if you’re a “park commando” type, there’s no rest for the weary. Undoubtedly you become the keeper of the clock, and the responsibility for getting everyone up and to your destination on time is your job; which is a full time job in itself (talk about overworked and under-paid!) By the time you’re back you need a vacation from your vacation. This is why I’m obsessed with cruising and I think it’s the PERFECT vacation!
If you can’t imagine a vacation without the Disney magic (who could?! Say it ain’t so!) but want a break from the frenzy of the parks, a Disney Cruise Line vacation is the perfect solution. Let all your problems sail away as you board the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder or Disney Dream (the Disney Fantasy will be in rotation soon as well!)
Why get onboard with DCL?
1. The planning is minimal-Pick your sail date and destination and get onboard. There are very limited decisions, all you have to do is pick when you’d like to eat at Palo and if you’d like to do shore excursions…the rest is already set! DCL tells you where to eat and when, the show schedule is set and the rest you can decide on the fly with the help of your Personal Navigator.
2. All inclusive experience-Once you’re onboard everything is taken care of. There’s no touring plans to be done, no hours of operation to worry about, and never a shortage of things to do. You don’t have to pick a dining plan, it’s all included and there’s plenty to choose from.
3. Be as active, or inactive as you want-No park commando vacation style necessary, pick and choose what you’d like to do each day when your choices arrive via Personal Navigator. The pools are always open (kiddie pool and adults only pool-my personal favorite!), relax in the sun (grab a book to borrow from the Coffee shop) have a drink brought to you at your chair or relax in the hot tub. If you want to go and conquer the boat, it’s ready whenever you are. If the pool is calling your name; there’s always a chair ready.
4. Say Bon Voyage to the kids-If your children’s age ranges keep your touring plans in an uproar a DCL vacation is the perfect solution. The kids clubs are divided with age appropriate activities and peer groups, let the teens go do their thing in their own area (no adults allowed) and the littler one’s can find adventure in the Oceaneers Club, Oceaneers lab or even Flounder’s Reef nursery. If you’re horrified at the idea of sending your children out of your site on a family vacation, trust me…after one hour in the kids clubs you’ll change your mind. They will want nothing to do with you and don’t be surprised if you have a battle getting them to come to dinner with you. Parents are so boring compared to the kids clubs, they’ll never want to leave.
5. Be pampered-Mousekeeping is great at WDW, but DCL makes it look like child’s play. Every time you turn around your stateroom host (or hostess) is replenishing your toiletries, making towel animals, making your bed and leaving chocolates on your pillow. You never lack for anything and it’s a true feeling of royalty.
6. Be entertained-Instead of worrying about keeping everyone busy and being “fair” to everyone in your family, DCL has entertainment for everyone and it’s already planned, all you have to do is show up. The stage shows are Broadway caliber and fit for the whole family…don’t miss Disney Dreams…it’s my personal favorite! I love “Twice Charmed” as well! They are all great and you’ll leave breathless (and probably a little teary eyed to!)
7. Feast, Frolic and Flop-The food is endless, the activities are abundant and there’s plenty of relaxation…need I say more?
Tell us what your favorite part of cruising is!
- Strategies for Paying for Disney – Cruising Hidden Costs (couponingtodisney.com)
- The 7 Deadly Sins of Disney World Vacationing (chipandco.com)
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.