I have written on several occasions how much I enjoy reliving our Disney World vacation memories: displaying photos in frames or preserving them in albums or scrapbooks helps keep the Disney magic alive long after the trip is over. And now that the Holiday buying season is in full swing, what better gift idea for the Disney lover on your gift list….or for someone who has a Disney vacation planned….than to provide some ways to help him/her to capture those magical moments, and enjoy them for years to come?
With that in mind, here are 5 of my favorite gift ideas for preserving those Disney World vacation memories.
1. All-In-One Disney Scrapbooking Kit: Making a scrapbook is one of the best ways that I know to create a gift that truly “keeps on giving” as everyone… children, family members and friends….will enjoy not only seeing those vacation pictures, but will enjoy reading the vacation “story” as well. This scrapbooking kit provides everything that is needed…12×12” album, papers, stickers and more…to make a beautiful album. All that is needed are the photos, memorabilia, and memories.
2. The Essential Disney Idea Book: Ideas and inspiration to make a scrapbook can be hard to come by, even for the most creative person. Which is why I love this book: it provides 72 pages of Disney paper craft ideas, for over 125 finished projects and ideas. For the Disney lover on your list that loves to create, this is a fantastic gift, and is the perfect companion to the scrapbooking kit.
3. Walt Disney World Magical Memory 5×7 Picture Frame: I have tons of pictures displayed in our home, and many of them chronicle our Disney vacations. It always brings a smile to my face to see how we’ve changed…especially our daughter. I actually have this frame, and the saying on it always makes me smile too: “A magical memory of a magical day”.
4. Digital Picture Frame: This is on my list, not because I have one, but because I want one! I love this idea of being able to load a number of our vacation photos and have an instant slide show! This one is especially nice: with its simple black frame and white matte, it will show off those pictures of Cinderella’s Castle Dream Lights beautifully.
5. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Camera: Our daughter was 7 on our first family Walt Disney World vacation, and one of her most prized possessions on that trip was her camera. She loved being able to take the pictures that mattered to her and we have all enjoyed looking at them again and again, these many years later. For any young person that is anticipating a Disney World vacation, I can’t think of a better gift than helping him/her capture those special moments from a magical vacation. And if you plan on surprising your child this Holiday Season with a Disney vacation….what a great way to “tell” them, by giving them a camera as part of the surprise!
So there you have my five favorite gift ideas for keeping that Disney vacation magic alive. In the next few weeks, I’ll be sharing a few more of my favorite Disney gift-giving suggestions. Happy shopping!