This is becoming a popular debate among Disney goers. What is the difference, is it worth it, what exactly is it? “Good Neighbor” is an honor which Disney gives the very best hotels near Disneyland or Disney World. When Disney finds a hotel deemed fit it is honored as one of these elite properties. At Disneyland there are 41 Good Neighbor hotels and at Disney World there are 23 Good Neighbor hotels. Disneyland only has 3 Disney resorts on property, whereas Disney World has 31 options (Including villas, Dolphin and Swan) But why would you stay off property?
Here are 5 reasons why..
1. Price- Good neighbor hotel pricing will generally be under Disney’s base pricing, which will save you some money! If a budget can make or break your vacation then this is something to consider.
2. Space- Your room more than likely won’t have fireworks above your bed or a character dining within minutes, but it may fit your needs a little better. Need more room without breaking the bank, want to do other things than Disney or just want to save more on the room and splurge more at the parks.
3. Quality- When you book something online, you don’t really know what you’ll be walking into. Rest assured, when Disney selects hotels to become part of its Good Neighbor hotels, you know they have an image to uphold with Disney and you can have a peace of mind when booking.
4. Transportation- Some Good Neighbor hotels offer transportation. Usually on a schedule you can pick up at the lobby or at check in.
5. Package- You can still bundle it in a Disney package. You will not be able to add Disney Dining, however, you can add tickets and make payments just like you would staying on property.
So depending on your needs and budget the choice is up to you! I hope this helps in your decision-making and gives you a better idea of what to expect. Did we miss any of your reasons?
My name is Jamie Porter, I’m from Central Florida and an Annual Passholder to Disney World. I go almost every week and it gives me an insight to help my clients. I am also a Travel Agent with World of Magic Travel and a writer for Chip & Co. My service is always free. I can help ensure you get the best deal and be an extra set of hands with your planning. Feel free to follow me on Facebook here or email me at Jamieporter@Worldofmagictravel.com.